OK, so after a week of research, and thinking, i have finally started on my box build. two L7 15's, 9.0 cubes after port displacment, tuned to 32 Hz. i want to put some pics up, but i dont know how to embed them into this, someone please tell me how and i will have a few pics up!

Untitled-1.png

anyone around nashville who needs an install done pm me

REFERENCES:

smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

sweet me likes l7ssssssssssssssss

refs:Flakko,saywhat,mmata13(sold 1605D amp),nVRuckus(bought fuse blocks), dkguitarist(traded 2 amps),MikeyB(sold MD2),CBFryman2(sold MD2),gundecker (bought 20.1),Sakura (2 Trades),killahbean (bought DMX12),Loud3(Bought Fiberglass Kicks),tb2007(sold diamond amp),iamamp3pimp(bought box's 3 so far:D /sold 20.1/sold 2 L7s,ZX650.4),chillcat34433(bought 12"RF HX2), ultimate157(sold opti 2000D),bballrrt06(sold opti 2000D),GrnEydDvl(sold kx2500.1),BassAddictJ (sold kx2500.1),pwuthedon(bought Lanzar 4000D)

lostsoul (5.25 mtx comps) Bad once I hooked them up.....................

ok, im gonna try

Untitled-1.png

REFERENCES:

smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT FIBERGLASS, SO IM SURE NOT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, NOTEABLY THE MESS I MADE, HAHA, BUT I WILL CLEAN IT ALL UP AT THE END. SORRY I DONT HAVE PICS OF THE ENTIRE PROJECT, I DIDNT THINK ABOUT IT UNTIL TOO LATE, BUT HERES WHAT I HAVE SO FAR.

AFTER MOUNTING THE BAFFLES IN THE FINAL POSITION AND CHECKING FOR CLEARANCE

boxbuild14xo.jpg

boxbuild26bq.jpg

HERE IS THE FIRST LAYER OF MATERIAL, I USED SPEAKER GRILL CLOTH.

boxbuild37yn.jpg

boxbuild40zf.jpg

ILL HAVE MORE THIS WEEK AS I WORK ON IT AS TIME ALLOWS. ANY OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY GREATLY APPRECIATED. AND I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THE FIBERGLASS ADHERES TO THE MDF...

Untitled-1.png

REFERENCES:

Good so far...I think.

Looks small for 2 though.

refs:Flakko,saywhat,mmata13(sold 1605D amp),nVRuckus(bought fuse blocks), dkguitarist(traded 2 amps),MikeyB(sold MD2),CBFryman2(sold MD2),gundecker (bought 20.1),Sakura (2 Trades),killahbean (bought DMX12),Loud3(Bought Fiberglass Kicks),tb2007(sold diamond amp),iamamp3pimp(bought box's 3 so far:D /sold 20.1/sold 2 L7s,ZX650.4),chillcat34433(bought 12"RF HX2), ultimate157(sold opti 2000D),bballrrt06(sold opti 2000D),GrnEydDvl(sold kx2500.1),BassAddictJ (sold kx2500.1),pwuthedon(bought Lanzar 4000D)

lostsoul (5.25 mtx comps) Bad once I hooked them up.....................

lookin good, keep us posted

equipment laying around:

Hifonics BX1205D

Hifonics ZX6400

2 12" type R's

Panasonic CQ-C7103U

New stuff on the way.

i have a jeep grand cherokee, and theres just not much room in the cargo space, i wish i could have fit a huge 12 + cubic foot box back there, and i could have if i took it all the way to the roof, but i didnt want to do that, its already above the window line now, but im not in competitions, so i dont care about that. its 9.0 after port displacement though, seems big enough for now.

Untitled-1.png

REFERENCES:

yes, they are fifteens, and the external deminsions are 40 w x 21 h x 26 deep, figure it for yourself

Untitled-1.png

REFERENCES:

you cant just take the external dimensions though cuz you have that giant port running strait through the middle, i still cant see that box being 9 cubes.

Then I stand corrected.

i dont :p:

you cant just take the external dimensions though cuz you have that giant port running strait through the middle, i still cant see that box being 9 cubes.

It's 12.6 without the port, so perhaps it is with the port. It doesn't look near that though, as if that is 26 deep, then there's 5.5" on either side of the subs and I'm not seeing it.

ok... with fiberglass baffle and all, with no port, its 10.75 cubic feet. after speaker displacment, brace displacement, and port displacement(which in my case is 1.65 cubic feet), its right at 9 cubic feet, at least bb6 tells me so

Untitled-1.png

REFERENCES:

It's 12.6 without the port, so perhaps it is with the port. It doesn't look near that though, as if that is 26 deep, then there's 5.5" on either side of the subs and I'm not seeing it.

and its only 12.6 if you dont factor in that the MDF is .75 thick ;) ftw

Untitled-1.png

REFERENCES:

and its only 12.6 if you dont factor in that the MDF is .75 thick ;) ftw

succes! and that port has to take up more than 1 ft3, cuz after you subtract 1.5 from each side i got ~10

succes! and that port has to take up more than 1 ft3, cuz after you subtract 1.5 from each side i got ~10

come on man.. u got over 3000 posts, recheck the math. the internal deminsions would be 19.5 x 38.5 x 24.5, which is 10.64 cubic feet

and i actually said the port displacement was 1.65 cubic feet. FTW

Untitled-1.png

REFERENCES:

come on man.. u got over 3000 posts, recheck the math. the internal deminsions would be 19.5 x 38.5 x 24.5, which is 10.64 cubic feet

and i actually said the port displacement was 1.65 cubic feet. FTW

~10=10.6 :fyi:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now