ample audio exonic 700

its a good, solid amp. You wont be disappointed

anyway did you just win it off eBay yesterday? If so, you got a steal at that price. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I really hate bumping something so old especially when I'm totally new here. Please forgive me guys. I'm really not trying to upset the herd but I'm not finding a whole lot on these Ample Exonic 700's myself and wanted to see if maybe anyone knows where I might get one fixed. I powered one up and when I got power and little output I was still sold on the amp hoping I could get it fixed I went ahead and bought it. After I cracked it open I'm even happier that I bought it. The inside tells a story of a quality company gone too soon.

I know little to absolutely nothing about this company or this amp but it weighs a ton and the parts inside are quality. I honestly think there's an issue with the switch on it for the crossover frequency. When I switch the output from hpt to log and off I remember getting a low signal. I really would prefer to get it looked at before throwing more power at it but I have no idea who might even be able to help.

Ideas? Any and all help appreciated greatly! Anybody got any memories of seeing one of these beasts working?

Picture just because it's handy.

1534630984975257525791607953107.jpg

Ive always wanted to run one of those amps..never did.Just about as much as I wanted to run a Butler Tube amp.Never got around to it.I have been and have used a computer repair shop before..you may try that if you do not have any other options local. Thats still nice and clean from the Pic.Hope you get it fixed, and run it.

I really hate bumping something so old especially when I'm totally new here. Please forgive me guys. I'm really not trying to upset the herd but I'm not finding a whole lot on these Ample Exonic 700's myself and wanted to see if maybe anyone knows where I might get one fixed. I powered one up and when I got power and little output I was still sold on the amp hoping I could get it fixed I went ahead and bought it. After I cracked it open I'm even happier that I bought it. The inside tells a story of a quality company gone too soon.

I know little to absolutely nothing about this company or this amp but it weighs a ton and the parts inside are quality. I honestly think there's an issue with the switch on it for the crossover frequency. When I switch the output from hpt to log and off I remember getting a low signal. I really would prefer to get it looked at before throwing more power at it but I have no idea who might even be able to help.

Ideas? Any and all help appreciated greatly! Anybody got any memories of seeing one of these beasts working?

Picture just because it's handy.

View attachment 683
hop on the facebooks. mark schulz and many others repair amps and have many people who have been happy with their work. the classic car audio page is littered with amp repair folks> Also hit up shawn king. his profile pic is a bunch of RF DSM amps installed in a trunk. He can definitely point you in the right direction if he cant do it himsepf. I also am fb friends with a guy who knows Zed personally. Cant think of his name for the life of me right now. Found him "Juan Estrada Sigala" Super nice guy and has connections to whoever youd need

hop on the facebooks. mark schulz and many others repair amps and have many people who have been happy with their work. the classic car audio page is littered with amp repair folks> Also hit up shawn king. his profile pic is a bunch of RF DSM amps installed in a trunk. He can definitely point you in the right direction if he cant do it himsepf. I also am fb friends with a guy who knows Zed personally. Cant think of his name for the life of me right now. Found him "Juan Estrada Sigala" Super nice guy and has connections to whoever youd need
Thanks a ton brother. In hindsight everything you said makes total fuggin sense but apparently I was too enamored with my new toy to think "classic car audio" or to even fathom facebook.. sometimes it takes someone else on the outside looking in to point out where you obviously are the most ignorant! lol  Seriously I will look into all of these routes and go from there. 

Theamplab.net
Yet another place I had no idea existed! I'm so glad I said something! This thing is already starting to gather dust (in my mind) and it's irritating the s#!t out of me that I haven't gotten it off to somebody to be fixed yet. I will be bookmarking the amplab immediately! Thanks TpK.. <-- Schweet name BTW

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.