Set-Up Suggestions

Down
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SA,TX
I have a set of Boston Pro60's right now, and they're going to be powered off of my Lunar 100x2. I know this amp packs a ton of power, but I'm just thinking it may not be enough for me to achieve what I'm looking for. So, I was thinking of getting another 100x2, and bi-amp them, or do what I really want to do, and run 1 L100x2 to each side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif I really don't know which to do mainly because I've never bi-amped a set nor have I ran one amp to each side, so, suggestions?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

-Down

Well, will you be using an HU with Active Networking? My Pro60's seem to prefer in the neighborhood of 250 watts rms apiece. If you can swing it bi-amping is what I would do.

Yea, I thought about running them active as well, just really depends what set-up would be best, as I have no experience with any of this!

wait wait wait sooo on an amp it not a special type of way of connecting the amp, it just a more or less power. so i could amp a comp set if it had like 2.555555 ohms right that just means the power gonna be in between 2 and 3 ohms right?

WOWwwww. i was competly thinking something else.

ANd that is why ladies and gentlemen i let someone do my installs :)

wait wait wait sooo on an amp it not a special type of way of connecting the amp, it just a more or less power. so i could amp a comp set if it had like 2.555555 ohms right that just means the power gonna be in between 2 and 3 ohms right?
WOWwwww. i was competly thinking something else.

ANd that is why ladies and gentlemen i let someone do my installs :)
I think you're on the right path here. yea, the speakers are 3 ohms no matter what, so if you have a high quality amp that does 4 ohms, it should handle three no problem. I have my Boston's on a PRS-X320.

i always though amps only did 1 2 and 4 ohms, lol so it really does all the spaces in between, it just harder to find out the number of watts (rms) it will do if its decimal. The amp will still read it. so basically 3 ohms is the adverage between 4 and 2 ohms so if 4 ohms was 100 and 2 ohms was 300, then 3 ohms would be 200 right?

Mike

If you plan on bi amping with 2 amps, I would assume you would bridge each amp to one side of the car. Most amps are only stable to 4 ohms bridged and the Bostons are 3 ohm, which could be a problem. You're better off getting a larger 2 channel amp to run them with. Unless you run them active, then use 1 amp for the tweets and one on the mids. Although that might be too much power for the tweets and not enough for the mids.

Well, the Lunars can take 3 ohm bridge without a problem, its the power that theyre going to send that may be a problem, of course I can always tame that with the gains. And yea, if I run them active, to much for the tweets, to little for the mids. So its either bridge a set of amps or just use 1 amp, but I don't which is going to be a better choice.......

Theres a place near me that used to sell them, I know they have some left, pm me if you need to.....

-Down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.