Budget components

mastarecoil
10+ year member

Indiana
I am looking for some 6.5" component speakers. Many of you will call them "cheap" since I am looking to spend around $100, $150 tops. They will be powered off an Aura 2300 (so 150w rms each), and will be going in the front doors of an '03 taurus. I really have not heard a lot of different speakers, so I dont have any in mind. I hear a lot people describing certain speakers as "harsh", and I dont think thats a sound I would like. I listen to mostly rock/metal, but also sometimes news/comedy/talk shows. Hopefully find a pair that sounds good at fairly high volumes, but also crisp and clear at low volumes (like when the radio is on but soft enough so you can talk to someone in the car). Prefer new, but will consider used if there is a bargain. So...whats everyone reccomend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.