Precision Power PCX-480

Participant count
  • Participant list

psk1018dc
10+ year member

Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Does PPI still make quality amps like they used to? I know they were somewhat legendary back in the day, but are they still good quality today? Just saw this amp on Ebay for what seems to be a good price and just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on it (or newer PPI amps in general)

No they are crap. Pretty much everthing DEI touches turns to crap it seems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

No they are crap. Pretty much everthing DEI touches turns to crap it seems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
So does that mean that new Orion is crap these days also? If so, thats sad...

So does that mean that new Orion is crap these days also? If so, thats sad...
They seem to do ok...never heard anything bad about them really. I just try to stay away from DEI when ever humanly possible. Just me I guess. *I think* you can do better for the $$$ then Orion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Um, the new PPI isn't so great but that PCX amp is one of the best you can buy for the money, The PCX's are the last run of stock from teh old PPI company. They are the exact same as the PC line. The DEI stuff is the DCX line.

Um, the new PPI isn't so great but that PCX amp is one of the best you can buy for the money, The PCX's are the last run of stock from teh old PPI company. They are the exact same as the PC line. The DEI stuff is the DCX line.
Dang...yea you're right. I guess I didn't even notice he referenced the Power Class...I just plain read the text.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif So yea what Beat said.

The PCX line used different boards than the PC series... They're rumored to be of lesser quality.

But then again, any old school PPI is better than the shit they make now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.