I went to a car show last night.....

supraman1379
10+ year member

Lifted 03 HEMI
Ocala, Fl
I went to a car show in Leesburg and there was a TL there. SO I entered to see what I could do. I usually hit a 146. But for some reason, I only hit a 142. I think the TL was off or something. Everyone was hitting lower than usual. I didnt even change anything in my setup.

DOes anyone know why there was such a dramatic change in db numbers for me?

Yea I figured it was something like that. But Everyone there that knows my truck was surprised that I only laid down a 142.5

I was pissed because I was told I could take first place. And I told the guy operating this that it was way off. He kept saying theres no way it could have been off.

termlabs are pretty consistent most of the time, a couple tenths diff at most. i bet it was the NEW termlab sensor....not the old one. and thats why your score was down.

actually at the show we had yesterday it was the tl being run on too much extension cord. we swapped from a .net to my usb box same mic same laptop and it was 10 db louder.

are you sure the 146 was on the new tL?

becayse i usually never see an AC score lower than a TL score

a 142 -143 is about what i would expect out of that system, anything can happen though

Yea I figured it was something like that. But Everyone there that knows my truck was surprised that I only laid down a 142.5
I was pissed because I was told I could take first place. And I told the guy operating this that it was way off. He kept saying theres no way it could have been off.

If everybody was down, you still should have had first place, though. Right?

are you sure the 146 was on the new tL?
becayse i usually never see an AC score lower than a TL score

a 142 -143 is about what i would expect out of that system, anything can happen though
When I did the 145.6 on the AC it was when the system was just installed in the truck. And it was like three weeks later when I did the 146 on the TL

Yes it is.

yes it is the microphone or the little black box? B/c there is no way to change a TL sensor, without voiding your warranty,and not be able to hold certified shows. If you wanna see what your truck can do on the TL sensor, you can come up to my place anytime, and get on it, with no bias whatso ever. I have had mine at world finals, over 20 3x events, and many many 2x and single point shows, and its only been a tenth off of all of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.