Fuse size?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mastarecoil
10+ year member

Indiana
Quick question...

I plan on running 2 aura 2300 amplifierss in my new system. Each aura amp has 2 40amp fuses in it. Are these redunent and the total fuse size I should put on my battery to amplifier cable be 80 amp, or is each amplifier 80 amps and I need a 160 amp fuse for battery to amplifier?

Thanks all.

Quick question...
I plan on running 2 aura 2300 amplifierss in my new system. Each aura amp has 2 40amp fuses in it. Are these redunent and the total fuse size I should put on my battery to amplifier cable be 80 amp, or is each amplifier 80 amps and I need a 160 amp fuse for battery to amplifier?

Thanks all.

you fuse the WIRE, not amp load...that's what the fuses on the amp are for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.