Boston Pro60s vs Rainbow Germaniums for SQ / tweeters / mid-bass - which offers more?

yacoub
10+ year member

US
I know of no way to preview the Germs since they aren't sold in any stores around here.

Price being equal, which is the better set of speakers for SQ, well-matched tweeters, and appropriate levels of mid-bass?

I can get the Pro60s in Tweeter for around $450 and the Germs are similarly priced but I would have to pay extra to have them installed there if they will install them at all.

So ignoring price, which is the way to go? I'm looking for SQ - solid reproduction of their full range of frequencies, tweeters that match the mids well, and mids that are strong enough to be appropriate.

I would be powering either set on a JL 300/2.

I listen mostly to vocal trance and hard rock / metal.

Thanks for any input!

^

germs are better out of the too, but if it were slcs and pro60's id prob take the pro60's for power and overall. SLC are a lot cheaper though 220 where as pro60's are 380 on average. Germs win though. To bad there is no 3 way version of germs.

:-(

Im debating if i wanna do germs or 3 way slc kicks for my sq setup now. Maybe even diamond s661s hex's not quite sure :-(

Mike

Why not try the MB Quart QSC line? You can get them from http://www.finestdeals.com for $325 (brand new) shipped to your house with warranty. I had th pro60's and sold them and bought the Quarts QSC 216 and i think they sound better, don't know about the Rainbow line but i'm sure they are pretty good though.

Thats cool, i have the QSC 216's and just wanted to know what you thought about them. Maybe my next comp. will be the Rainbows so you'll have to hook me up.

Dealers around here are wanting $700 for them and i found them for $325 shipped and with a warranty.

contact MBQ and ask them if theyre warrantied, Ill bet my left testicle they say Absolutely Not. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.