yacoub

Boston Pro60s vs Rainbow Germaniums for SQ / tweeters / mid-bass - which offers more?

I know of no way to preview the Germs since they aren't sold in any stores around here.

Price being equal, which is the better set of speakers for SQ, well-matched tweeters, and appropriate levels of mid-bass?

I can get the Pro60s in Tweeter for around $450 and the Germs are similarly priced but I would have to pay extra to have them installed there if they will install them at all.

So ignoring price, which is the way to go? I'm looking for SQ - solid reproduction of their full range of frequencies, tweeters that match the mids well, and mids that are strong enough to be appropriate.

I would be powering either set on a JL 300/2.

I listen mostly to vocal trance and hard rock / metal.

Thanks for any input!

From what I've heard, I'd go the Germs.

I believe the Pro60s are more easily compared to the SLCs

^

germs are better out of the too, but if it were slcs and pro60's id prob take the pro60's for power and overall. SLC are a lot cheaper though 220 where as pro60's are 380 on average. Germs win though. To bad there is no 3 way version of germs.

:-(

Im debating if i wanna do germs or 3 way slc kicks for my sq setup now. Maybe even diamond s661s hex's not quite sure :-(

Mike

Why not try the MB Quart QSC line? You can get them from http://www.finestdeals.com for $325 (brand new) shipped to your house with warranty. I had th pro60's and sold them and bought the Quarts QSC 216 and i think they sound better, don't know about the Rainbow line but i'm sure they are pretty good though.

i didnt even notice, I LOVE YOU :-)

(in an un homosexial fashion)

Mike

Dont get too excited, thats a dual midbass set, not a 3 way. ;)

Im not a fan of MBQ. Solid company with decent build quality, just not my cup of tea for sound.

Although if purchasing them I would go to an actual dealer rather than online.

Thats cool, i have the QSC 216's and just wanted to know what you thought about them. Maybe my next comp. will be the Rainbows so you'll have to hook me up.

Dealers around here are wanting $700 for them and i found them for $325 shipped and with a warranty.

Dealers around here are wanting $700 for them and i found them for $325 shipped and with a warranty.

contact MBQ and ask them if theyre warrantied, Ill bet my left testicle they say Absolutely Not. ;)

I saw the site, and I still wouldnt trust it, but thats me. Not to mention at that price, make sure your getting the real thing.

contact MBQ and ask them if theyre warrantied, Ill bet my left testicle they say Absolutely Not. ;)

And I'll throw my right in for an even nut sack bet ;)....they may SAY that you get a warranty (in house maybe) but MBQ will not touch them unless you buy from those people that they see competent to sell their products...these are called AUTHORIZED DEALERS ;)

And I'll throw my right in for an even nut sack bet ;)....they may SAY that you get a warranty (in house maybe) but MBQ will not touch them unless you buy from those people that they see competent to sell their products...these are called AUTHORIZED DEALERS ;)

Aww we're like two balls in a sac now.:crazy:

:D

Aww we're like two balls in a sac now.:crazy:

:D

Yea, but you get to hang lower than me :crap:

Yea, but you get to hang lower than me :crap:

Its all good, just remember bigger isnt always better. :)

i didnt even notice, I LOVE YOU :-)

(in an un homosexial fashion)

Mike

:eyebrow:

GET THEM....should be kickass...literally with dual midbass kick drums :D

lol wowwwwwwwww....

good thing not many girls on here :-)

Why not? Me and Foxpro can team up and make em really happy. :naughty:

From what I've heard, I'd go the Germs.

I believe the Pro60s are more easily compared to the SLCs

Worst Comment ever made by man....

SQ wise I would go w/ the Bostons! Never heard any complaints....

But this is a one sided story and biased lol Because I've never heard the Germs But I haven't heard anything wrong w/ them either...

I would say either way your safe! Which one looks cooler is what you'll have to base if off of lol j/k

-Nick-