Phreaker

I F'd up big time,you're all going to luagh!

Well I went to HD to get my cuts for Moe Lesters 4ft^3 tuned to 35Hz box and this whole time I never once friggin stopped and said to myself the obvious.

12" subwoofers and the speaker baffle is only 12.5" hmmmmmmmm.....

Doh....so here I am with the cuts for a beautiful 4ft^3 at 35Hz box but can fit onlu 10's....no 12's :crying:

I see it as I have two options right now in front of me...actualy three :naughty:

Option 1: Mount the subwoofers on the top board and fire them up into the cabin from my trunk.

Option 2:Build the **** thing,my G/f wants a small system so we can get her some 10's and I'll give her my 300w amp and she said she wants a pink box :sick:

Option 3: Go back to HD or another one so I don't embarass my self even more,and buy a few 3/4" thick 2' x 4' panels of MDF and have them cut me two sides and the speaker baffle and port wall and back of the box at about 15" tall so I will end up with a mutant of the 4ft^3 at 35Hz it would be 4.95ft^3 at 35Hz after sub displacements.

All I would need to do is get a new back piece and two new sides and a new speaker baffle board.All would be cut the origianla lengths but will be cut at 15" high rather than 12.5" high.

Here's Moe Lesters original 4ft^3 at 35 Hz box plan:

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4cubes35hz50sqin5bn.png

And here is my mutation of it:

5098ft335hz5wf.th.jpg

5098ft335hzview20bz.th.jpg

So what do you think?I am thinking option # 3 as it will only cost me the money for three panels of 3/4" 2' x 4' MDF.

My System So Far

HU = Sony CDX-M630

Front Stage = Stock 3.5"

Rear Stage = None

Subs = 2 Alpine Type R's

Sub Amp = Power Acoustik A2400DB wired to 1 ohm

Sub Box = 4ft^ ported at 35Hz

1991 Dodge Stealth with stock 90amp alt. and no Big 3.

Gets twice as loud as the olds cutlass cierra!

???? what do you mean you can't put 12" subs on a 12.5" baffle. The cutout will be around 11". it should be possible. or am i misunderstanding?

I don't see anything wrong with fitting the 12"s in Moe's original plans... If you cut a hole dead center with a diameter of 12"s (Given the sub cutout is @ most 12"s.... my mounting hole for my 12" sub ws something like 11.125"s) it should fit with .25"s left on the top and bottom of the baffle. This isn't including the thickness of the top and bottom board that is added, and I dont see any problems with using the top and bottom's thickness as a mounting point for the sub. However there maybe be a very weak point @ that reigon of .25"s, but you might be able to strengthen that reigon by making a double baffle that extends over the top and bottom's thickness. Complicated if the sub doesn't fit. Try it out first and see what happens.

HDRibanner.jpg

Loserpunk [buyer]

Kevokrook77 [buyer] x2

HCCAfan [buyer]

PRIVATEpastry [seller]

Trevor87 [seller]

Manosteel916 [buyer]

Vosschs [buyer]

jaberocs [buyer]

6spdcoupe [buyer]

Klepto [seller]

XxSuperAdamxX [seller]

kpozr2 [buyer]

Ive put a 12" sub in a 12" wide enclosure

Its a tight fit but it works

I dont see your problem

I AM NOT A DEALER !

so i didnt' misunderstand... and i didn't laught either.

that box will totally work for 12" subs.

Man all you guys are right,My back has been killing me the last few days and I guess I overdid the meds :naughty:

My bad...I'll delet the thread when everyone is done having their laugh! :blush:

My System So Far

HU = Sony CDX-M630

Front Stage = Stock 3.5"

Rear Stage = None

Subs = 2 Alpine Type R's

Sub Amp = Power Acoustik A2400DB wired to 1 ohm

Sub Box = 4ft^ ported at 35Hz

1991 Dodge Stealth with stock 90amp alt. and no Big 3.

Gets twice as loud as the olds cutlass cierra!

I laughed at the fact that you thought you messed up and didnt.

I AM NOT A DEALER !

wat a waste of 25 seconds of my life... i didnt even laugh.

also known as... LivinLife

[ References ] q-ball (kickerL5), ssackett (yellowtop), chaarlieee, Kenny Polluck (motoBTheadset), BassAddictJ, Iamamp3pimp (enclosure), lilmaniac2 (paintball gun, motors, & others), cardinalsfan (I paid half, den paid the rest), amorsh (sub), nVRuckus, LeofromtheH (amp), k4rts, rassymx, sublime0420x, lax916, ilaydit, KSilver2000, Raven, mtdewelf, SiX, KngOfThePkngLot, Dozy_production, supa_c, davidfre21, trevor87, bumpn_gt, Pistonsfav70, dbubble & moreeee!!!

I didn't laugh until I saw that your girlfriend wants a pink box, doesn't she already have one?

53f29c77.jpg

53f29c77.jpg

i laughed at your spelling but yeah put 12.5 > 12 therefore they = fit

SvnAl3.jpg

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

I didn't laugh until I saw that your girlfriend wants a pink box, doesn't she already have one?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks.

Two dolla holla!!! just paypal me!!! i'm a fat m4n wh0r3

u had a 4th option too fiberglass it to fit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]94' thunderbird *parked*<

4.6 V8 with a shift kit

clarion dxz 645mp clarion sirius tuner

ED 6000v.2- front jbl 5.25 comps- rear

dynamated and edeaded trunk lid, rear deck, front doors

Big 3 in green of course

viper 791xv w/ battery backup

3 jl 10w0

2000 ford ranger supercab 3.0v6 4x4

stock hu

alpine mrp-m350

2 9kv.3's

clifford matrix rsx 50.5x

spring time getting clarion MAX675VDII and front components possibly jbl's again

DO IT, do it

Past:

Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. Circa '96 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK with 2 black graphic spacers.

CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods

American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.

Random Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil Monster 15 in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.

NEW SETUP IN THE WORKS

You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

i just got an email from a guy for a fiberglass box and he wants it painted hot pink, lol. He claims its for his girlfriend, but i dont know too many chicks that drive dodge rams :crazy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Authorized SSA Loaded Enclosure Dealer

Option 2:Build the **** thing,my G/f wants a small system so we can get her some 10's and I'll give her my 300w amp and she said she wants a pink box :sick:

Thats funny I just ordered pink laminate for the front baffle on my gf's civic... I was thinking about engraving "Ashleys Bumps" into it... She has one of the old school immortals running at 2000 RMS... Its going to be a 3.5 cube box tuned to 38 with a pink front baffle... That should be fun.

Different People, Different Ways...

Man all you guys are right,My back has been killing me the last few days and I guess I overdid the meds :naughty:

My bad...I'll delet the thread when everyone is done having their laugh! :blush:

dude you are far toob self critical... not every one on here goes out of their way to make people feel stupid... YOu didnt do anything wrong... we all make mistakes.

i still think you're missing a port piece in there.

if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box

after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

i still think you're missing a port piece in there.

The reasoning behind this is: The port is 4" wide. He only needs 4.75 for the second 'port' piece. The 4" port + the width of the MDF makes up the extra .75 he needs for the total port length. Sounds weird, I know, but it's right....

pyrcopy8ft.jpg

The reasoning behind this is: The port is 4" wide. He only needs 4.75 for the second 'port' piece. The 4" port + the width of the MDF makes up the extra .75 he needs for the total port length. Sounds weird, I know, but it's right....

Im so glad you changed your signature... Honestly the old one was such an understatement of your skills as a box builder from what I understand... As does mine, but the box in mine was the first time I had ever painted a glassed box... I carpeted them before that... SO that one holds sentimental value... Supose maybe that one did for you aswell. I guess I should up grade mine sometime soon.

my gf wanted me to make her a pink box too

system is under re-construction

previous setup [mazda]:

alpine cde-9843 (sold)

profile ap-1000m (sold)

image dynamics idq12

new setup [saab]:

stock hu

xtant a6001 (sold), phoenix gold x400.1

2 aa assassin 10 (sold), image dynamics idq12

refs: khail19, jasonFL