Reliable Car Battery

Dj-torn
10+ year member

Still learning...
Soon I will have to replace my battery, and for the longest time I had my eyes set on the Yellow Top, but after reading peoples reviews... I would rather go to Wally world and get there $50 battery.

So in short I know im looking for 3 mayor qualities in batteries

1. CCA Cold Crank Amps

- "Number of amps the battery can produce at 32 degrees F for 30 seconds"*

2. Reserve Capacity

- " The number of minuets a battery can deliver 25 amps while keeping a voltage about 10.5V"*

3. Price

- Price/ (Reliablity x Warranty)

Mods I didn't know where this would go, this seemed like the best place for it, move in need be.

* How Stuff Works

I have one of the everstart MAXX's from walmart. Works great, and all i have to do to get a new one is just take it in with the receipt. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Walmart return policy FTW.

very happy with my interstates. Long lasting and strong.

I have a blue top in my monte, which also holds up well. One odd thing, it doesn't store as well as the interstates - it seems to lose its charge faster when sitting.

ill tell you what, im going into the navy soon, and i gave my kinetik HC1800 to a close friend of mine because it was a waste to keep it in the car i had it in (going to my sister) and i know he could use it more than anyone.

i traded him for his redtop, and the redtop is crap compared to the kinetik. i can feel it lag when i start the engine and oen time, my car completly turned off while i was blasting my system at nearly max volume.

i dunnaw. that never ever happened with my kinetik, only the day after i changed it did that happen.

ill tell you what, im going into the navy soon, and i gave my kinetik HC1800 to a close friend of mine because it was a waste to keep it in the car i had it in (going to my sister) and i know he could use it more than anyone.
i traded him for his redtop, and the redtop is crap compared to the kinetik. i can feel it lag when i start the engine and oen time, my car completly turned off while i was blasting my system at nearly max volume.

i dunnaw. that never ever happened with my kinetik, only the day after i changed it did that happen.
could also have something to do with the post connectors on the red top, and bolt on the kinetik... I much prefer the bolt.

If they guy is lookng for cheap power, interstate all day... or hit up walmart, and just return them when they get weaker.

As far as a nice sealed/expensive battery, the hc1800 might be an option.

buy my kinetik

I'm not looking to break my bank right now, especially since i'm out of a job...

So i guess the questions are;

How old is it? Whats the charge left on it, What size is it? How much are you asking?

I've never bought a used battery don't know what i should be looking for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.