Installing a Head Unit without the stock wiring harness?

Participant count
  • Participant list

XaznKewLguyX
10+ year member

bloop
SoCal
Well, my friend needs help installing his head unit, but his stock wiring harness got chopped off because someone stole his previous one. So now there is just a bunch of wires there. Anyone got any clue on how to install it?

EDIT: Car is a 1995 civic Hatch.

red power, yellow acc, black ground, orange illum.,blue with white stripe power antenna. and then just trace the speaker wires back to there places

so its pretty much color matching the wires to the new wire harness for the head unit?and the most important wires are red for power, yellow for acc, black for ground, orange for illum, and blue with white stripe for antenna?

995 Honda Civic Stereo Information

Constant 12V+ Blue/White

Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red

Ground Black

Illumination Red/Black

Dimmer n/a

Antenna Driver's Pillar

Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors

Left Front (+) Blue/Green

Left Front (-) Gray/Black

Right Front (+) Red/Green

Right Front (-) Brown/Black

Rear Speakers 5 1/4" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow

Left Rear (-) Gray/White

Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow

Right Rear (-) Brown/White

Note that if the stock wire harness was cut off during a theft, it's very likely that there are one ore more blown fuses in the vehicle fuse box. If you have problems, check the fuses.

you can get factory wiring harnesses from decent shops, best thing to do would be to put a factory harness back in, and then if you change radios alot you don't have to do it all in car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.