python 871xp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

ajm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N/A
I just go the python 871xp installed. For some reason the range on it ***** horribly....No better than my who knows how old avital alarm. Any reasoning for this? Also with the remote start I can even be right next to the truck and try to start it and most of the time the green light flashes and ill get 3 sets of 2 quick beeps from the remote. Then other times (from in my apartment for example) it works fine. Is it something to do with the way im pressing the button? It seems like it wont work, then standing in the same place I can try to press the button in a different pattern and itll work.

it took me a day to figure out my clifford 3.5...when you click it twice: make sure you click them fully, and wait a good .5 second to do the 2nd click. if this does not work...your antenna is not mounted in a good area.

Turns out im hitting the button right, because even when I try holding lock and unlock together for the "timer mode start" it tells me out of range (unless close enough to where it does work). The range just flat out *****. I have to be within 100-150 feet or so for it to work. The antenna is at the top center of my windshield and all the slack from the wire is even ran along the length (or width?) of the windshield up in the headliner.

I also have 2 mini piezo sirens I want to add on the interrior. In order to add them do I need a relay or can I just wire them parallel with the other sirens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.