6.5" subwoofers

mastarecoil
10+ year member

Indiana
Thanks for all the help guys! Based on what I have seen, the idea to use a bunch of tiny subs isnt going to work out well for me. I still appreciate all the help.

I am looking to build a new stereo in my 2003 Taurus. I am going for great sound quality, good loudness, and good budget-wise.

So far I have an Aura 4 channel (4300) and Aura 2 channel (2300) amp from parts express. Going to use the 2 channel for subs and the 4 channel for speakers. I _may_ send the 4 channel back and get another 2 channel, if I decide to ditch the rear speakers, but thats undecided right now.

I am going to get a descent set of components for the front. Perhaps a set of OZ audio 6.5" comps, those seem to be a great bang for the buck, but I am still looking around, open to any suggestions.

For the rears, I have a set of kenwood 2 way 6x9"s. They are pretty good, used to be door speakers in my old car. Again, not sure if I want to use them or not, but if I do, they dont cost me any extra.

Subs is where I want to go unique. I first started looking at a set of 10s or 12s, but then began looking elsewhere. For a while I had my mind pretty much made up on 4 AA assassin 8". Now, I am considering more unique...

How do you think an array of 16 goldwood 6.5" woofers would do? At partsexpress they can be picked up for as little as 10 bucks a pop. Fits my budget well, and definitally has big unique points, however, is my quality going to be worth a hoot? Quality is my biggest priority, but I will sacrafice some for the unique factor. Does anyone know what I could expect from doing this? Or does anyone know if those little woofers will even work well as a subwoofer? Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the speakers:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=240&CFID=599827&CFTOKEN=23164066#standard

Thanks guys!

I dont know anything about the Goldwood 6.5s...but I know the eD eu700s are great 'subs.' Also the new Mpyre Audio 6.5s look pretty nice, but they are $100 each

Eh...both those are a bit out of my pricerange. Thanks though.
I second the eu700's

PM me if you're interested, I can get you a pretty good price on them.

Also, for components, I was reallllly impressed with the edi6500's when I heard them. Great budget components as well.

I dunno about the Goldwood, but that certainly would look cool.

16 6.5 inch speakers would definately be interesting. would also be pretty loud.

I'd do it if i could.

Ill do it if I can do it cheap enough.

Those tangs are nice, but 16x$40 is way too much.

Would my sound quality be worth a crap?

Duh...

16x 0.5 cubic feet = 8 cubic feet. No way I can fit that and still retain an even slightly usable trunk. Any way to reduce that space requirment? Maybe get 32 and go isobaric?

All of these the Xmas is incredibly low and the Fs seems high. I am having doubts about how they will sound, but I am not a pro by far, any input?

I understand that. There are a lot of factors, but I dont know all of which to be looking at and what is good and what is bad for each. Anyone want to share anything?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.