Is 14in enough port area for a 04S12L7? 500watts, 2.0@35hz

Participant count
  • Participants list

amartin_72

Banned
Madison , WI
Is 14in enough port area for a 04S12L7? 500watts RMS Per sub, 2.0@35hz. Im making a truck enclosure and we can only get 4.0 ft net w/o ports from behind the seats. Im shooting for about 1.8@35hz each and i planned on using two 3" ports per side @ 35-37hz

Even at that power level its more then likely going to have alot of port noise.

I had 28 cuin area and it made noise at 800 watt level bad with the lower notes.

Goin for 60 sq on 2 now.........

No sorry. You will get a lot of port noise. Maybe downgrade to a single sub in the proper enclosure size.

1 sub proper enclosure>2 subs improper enclosure.

Linearteam.org website predricts .04 m/s port mach, with .17 being port noise.

I have already made the box its 4.0 net. do you think it will be ok with 6 of the 15" ports? then it woul dhave 21 per sub for 40 total? I have already cut the ports to 15" lenght, 4 of them, i could cut two more and have 3 on each side, what abotu polyfill? i dont think so though. But dont the l7's like the higher tuning ..most of the kicker spec boxes and mtx boxes are tuned higher i dont know why must be ok for the drivers...?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.