help with new box

Participant count
  • Participant list

photocrazy8
10+ year member

Probably doesn't like you
CA
I build a new box for one 15" mofo. It's 4.5 cubes at 35Hz. And for some reason it only seems to hit the lows really hard. I thought that the higher the tuning Hz the higher Hz will hit hard? lil help, thanks andrew

its a 15" subwoofer, dont expect hitting all the higher notes bc that isnt going to happen. Tuning the box higher just gives it a different range, not neccicerily lets it hit harder in the highs. Also, a higher bass note dosnt really make the sub hit hard, it it would just get really loud if the box was tuned to that spacific note range.

its a 15" subwoofer, dont expect hitting all the higher notes bc that isnt going to happen. Tuning the box higher just gives it a different range, not neccicerily lets it hit harder in the highs. Also, a higher bass note dosnt really make the sub hit hard, it it would just get really loud if the box was tuned to that spacific note range.
Cone size has very little to do with how low a driver will get.

What high notes are you looking to hit? Maybe you are expecting too much from a SUB bass driver, and you need to upgrade your mids?

in the box i had it in b4 it was hitting almost all ranges of bass, but now it only seems to hit the really deep lows.

in the box i had it in b4 it was hitting almost all ranges of bass, but now it only seems to hit the really deep lows.
would the box i have it in make it this way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.