Did It!!!

canadian_mofo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
van-city
Well i did it. took about 51 square feet too deaden both my truck doors. Thats alot more than i thought it would take. Also covered all the big holes with 1/4 inch MDF board. Just waiting for the ups man to drop off the acoustic foam for behind the speakers sometime in the next hour and ill be able to give it a listen. Have about 10 square feet left of deadening any other place i could use that? Dont know if its worth using behing my little 4X6 infinity's in the back. Too give you an idea its a Sierra reg cab. Oh i also bought this closed cell foam from raamat that worth using anywhere??

took about 8 hrs including the real good cleaning job i did and cutting the MDF for the holes add another 40 mins to make the MDF baffles for the speakers and applying clay. If i can find a camera around that works ill take a pic of the finished product

Well it was worth the money. I liked my Type R's before, but they sounded nothing like they do now. In fact now i feel as though they sounded like crap before after listening to them with thouroughly deadened doors. Couldnt imagine what it would sound like if i got some real top end speakers. Deffinatley true when you guys say install makes all the difference. Spent more on the products to install then the speakers but made a world of difference and im really happy with the results.

A+ for deadening and sealing up your doors. It's really surprising how much of a difference it makes, but there is a reason why everyone says to do it. I think a lot of people on this board would be better off with cheaper door speakers and better installs...me included for the time being.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.