which eclipse hu should I get?

lightspeed
10+ year member

Hi I'm about to sell my alpine 9853 and get an eclipse deck. The local shop here has a cd4000 for $300.00 that looks good and sounds great and has the features I want. But the owner also said they have (and will be getting some more of) last years model 8445. And they are also selling them for $300.00 (new not used). He told me the 8445 was a better deal because of things like 8v preout...memory stick...etc. But I know nothing about the 8445...never seen one and have never heard one. He said they will be getting some in a few days.

Which one should I get since they are both the same price here?

The 8445 is memory sick compatible, but it does not come with one....kinda screwy. I would personally go with the 8445 for the 8v preout, unless you want ipod connectivity. The only think I didn't like about my 8445 was the glare on the screen made it difficult to see the display sometimes.

well after reading online the features of the 8445 I've decided it's the one I want. Now my question is since it has 8 volt preouts and the lowest gain setting on my amps (eclipse ea3422 and alpine mrp-m450) are 5v and 4v respectively, does that mean the preout voltage is too much for these amps? Or is that something else altogether. I hope that question made sense.

well after reading online the features of the 8445 I've decided it's the one I want. Now my question is since it has 8 volt preouts and the lowest gain setting on my amps (eclipse ea3422 and alpine mrp-m450) are 5v and 4v respectively, does that mean the preout voltage is too much for these amps? Or is that something else altogether. I hope that question made sense.
Your amps will be fine. It wouldn't make much sense for Eclipse to make amps that wouldn't work with their decks.

Nearly all amps out there can handle the higher voltage decks.

well now the shop said today they got 2 8445's in and they both sold in about an hour. And they won't be getting anymore so I guess my decision is the cd4000 by default.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.