Viper 791xv starts on its own!

rcantu
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey all, I thought it was my imagination but I just watched my transmitter beep and start the truck. I was 3 ft from the transmitter so I know it was me. My neighbor told me my parking lights were flashing 1 night so it had to be running at that time.

any thoughts?

Hey you know I never thought about reading....hummm never dawned on me to try to do my own research and actually start with the documentation I have in hand.

Splthunder...thanks for enlightening me on this.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

you know I did read instructions but the manuals I have in the box are wrong. It's the correct manual but the wrong info. for example to start the car the manual says to use the Star button. well I use the lock and unlock at the same time! Also to do a double pulse unlock I READ the manual and it stated a certain menu # that would take care of it. Not the case. I downloaded the manual from Directech and guess what? different menu and still didn't work. Got the Bitwriter to take care of that instead.

Also I went to Directed site for the owner's manual. Guess what? doesn't say anything.

So where do you suggest I can get a proper manual so I can read the instructions? I got them direct from the source on paper and from the manufacturer's website.

Any of your helpful and awe inspiring advice is welcome.

and read the instructions

Hey you know I never thought about reading....hummm never dawned on me to try to do my own research and actually start with the documentation I have in hand.
Splthunder...thanks for enlightening me on this.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

you know I did read instructions but the manuals I have in the box are wrong. It's the correct manual but the wrong info. for example to start the car the manual says to use the Star button. well I use the lock and unlock at the same time! Also to do a double pulse unlock I READ the manual and it stated a certain menu # that would take care of it. Not the case. I downloaded the manual from Directech and guess what? different menu and still didn't work. Got the Bitwriter to take care of that instead.

Also I went to Directed site for the owner's manual. Guess what? doesn't say anything.

So where do you suggest I can get a proper manual so I can read the instructions? I got them direct from the source on paper and from the manufacturer's website.

Any of your helpful and awe inspiring advice is welcome.
To start the car you can either use the lock + unlock, or hit the star button twice. I can do it either way with mine. I highly doubt that your manuals are wrong. I suppose it's possible that whoever installed your alarm did something wrong, but if your other features work fine I doubt it.

Lock + Unlock is timer mode. If it flashes 4 times when you activate the remote start, you're putting it in timer mode. It resets with the ignition key so if you drive it right afterwards it won't start again.

The star button is the remote start activation; it will respond with one flash.

Why do you have to assume I meant it this way.

I have and install 791xv's. I have read the owners manual and instruction manual and I know it states exactly how to turn the timer mode on. If you had read this manual you would have known about this feature. I just get people asking me questions like this all time at work and really want them to know it does help to read the manual on ALL new technology the buy. Usually after I ask them if the read the manual most people said no or that they just threw it away. I wanted to make sure you hadn't done that.

If you're in a very, very cold location, and the temperature is going to drop below zero overnight, timer mode will start the vehicle and run it every three hours so the engine never gets too cold to start. Not usually an issue in Maryland, but it's a nice feature in Minnesota.

If you're in a very, very cold location, and the temperature is going to drop below zero overnight, timer mode will start the vehicle and run it every three hours so the engine never gets too cold to start. Not usually an issue in Maryland, but it's a nice feature in Minnesota.

jsut dont forget to turn the stereo down lol

Yeah, I wish there was a way to change that 3 hours... it's been so **** cold in Washington (well has been the past few months) the car is completely cold within about 30 minutes.... every three ehours is pointless //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

LMAO... third time I've saw this(first two customers at work). It's not hard listen to what the installer tells you. Start twice starts. Lock and unlock together = timer mode.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.