AW1206T 2 or 4??

kumanan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Toronto
I got 2 brand new Audiobahn AW1206T's... its for my 2003 civic.. should i get 4 of them or stick to 2 of them.. will 4 fit with box made to spec?

If i were to sell these, how much u think i can get for them they are brand new never installed...

First see if u can sell them.Not that great of a sub,If u dont sell them,I would say( I dont know how much room there is in those cars,but I know it isnt much)I think that 2 port them port would be better than 4 sealed(am sure u dont have enough room to port all 4)

First see if u can sell them.Not that great of a sub,If u dont sell them,I would say( I dont know how much room there is in those cars,but I know it isnt much)I think that 2 port them port would be better than 4 sealed(am sure u dont have enough room to port all 4)
agreed i have personally made the mistake of purchasing two of those subs and the sq was just horrible.

I got 2 brand new Audiobahn AW1206T's... its for my 2003 civic.. should i get 4 of them or stick to 2 of them.. will 4 fit with box made to spec?
If i were to sell these, how much u think i can get for them they are brand new never installed...
Mine were used and were in 2 separate ported boxes. I sold them for $250, so maybe that'll help you out some.

yes they will do the job just get 2 and put them in properly ported box get a amp that will put out 2000rms watts at 1 ohm and that little civic will wang.

Ported Box Volume (cubic feet) 1.3 - 3.2

It says 1.3 to 3.2 ... so for most SPL i should set it to 3.2? Anyone know people who make boxes??

I had a 1206t, and the SPL on it wasnt half bad at all. I had it in 3.2 cubes @ 37 Hz... (audiobahn's max spl box recommendation). So you'd need around 6.5 cubes after driver and port displacement to really get them to shine, they would scream with 2kw rms.

that will do.

i had a single 1208t in a 3.5 cubes box @ 35 hz... it did a 145.2 ont he TL

audiobahns have crappy SQ, and are very unreliable.

but they do get kinda loud if done correctly.

id try selling them first though, then get a good Single 15 setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kumanan

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
kumanan
Toronto
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date