Need help with powering my HU - Pioneer 7700mp

Participant count
  • Participants list

harbo0909

Hey, I just picked up a new pioneer 7700, as my old 7400 shut off and started smoking the other day. I wired the new harness as per the schematic for the deck and my Honda civic. I have been unable to get power to my deck. I have my remote wire for my amp running through the ignition wire in the harness, and the amp is powering on. I have tried grounding the deck itself to the car as well as to the ground wire with the factory harness. I have replaced the fuse in the main compartment under the drivers side, and was told I may need to change a fuse in the compartment under the hood but am unaware which one as there is no specific one labelled radio. Any suggestions as to where to go from here or what else I may have to do would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks Harbo

Hey, I just picked up a new pioneer 7700, as my old 7400 shut off and started smoking the other day. I wired the new harness as per the schematic for the deck and my Honda civic. I have been unable to get power to my deck. I have my remote wire for my amp running through the ignition wire in the harness, and the amp is powering on. I have tried grounding the deck itself to the car as well as to the ground wire with the factory harness. I have replaced the fuse in the main compartment under the drivers side, and was told I may need to change a fuse in the compartment under the hood but am unaware which one as there is no specific one labelled radio. Any suggestions as to where to go from here or what else I may have to do would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks Harbo
If you don't know which one it is, start pulling fuses (one at a time) and look for burned out ones. Also, look under the hood you may have some fuses under there as well, but start with the fuse panel in the passenger compartment...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.