6 1/2 recommendations for a Honda Accord 1991 ?

eydaimon

Demon
CA
I have a Honda Accord from 1991, and my rear speakers (factory) are blown out.

All 4 speakers appear to be 6 1/2. I'd like to replace the rears first, but of course am concerned about getting speakers with no bass.

Any recommendations? My buget for the rears is about $50-70 or so.

-d

replace the fronts first and spend around 200$ on a component set. Rears are the least of your concerns. Just take them out for now and not even worry about them. Save to upgrade your fronts . You could upgrade your fronts, take the factory front speakers and put them in the rear. Rears are fillers.

I would just get a cheap set of pioneer or kicker coaxial speakers. They should sound better then stock off your headunit and will cost under $100. If you go with components, you have to buy them($130-200), a 2 or 4 channel amp to power them($80-$150), and an amp wiring kit($20) rather then just $100 and not to mention mounting the tweeters.

thanks guys. any particular speakers you recommend I get insofar as the pioneer/kicker? Sounds like I can follow both of your advice there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.