amp not hitting mid notes

bigdub_diesel
10+ year member

smooth operator
ive got a memphis PRD1000.1 amp, and right now ive only got one sub hooked up to it (mtx thunder 5500), but im getting 2 more. right now with one sub hooked up the bass is frickin great, when it hits, but the problem is that it only hits harder bass notes, or w/e you wanna call it. every other bass note it is really weak. i changed my filter up and down, and its not really making a difference. Also keep in mind i only have the bass about a 1/4 or 1/3 the way up. will my amp start hitting the mids better when i turn it up higher when i get my other 2 subs, or it this something else?

thats not exactly what i meant, i went through all 150 songs on my mp3 cd, and about 5 songs hit decent, all the rest were real weak, i dont know what kinda bass was hitting, but the songs where "grillz", "boom" (longest yd soundtrack), and "candy shop". i mean, most of lil jon wasnt doin much, thats what i meant.

thats not exactly what i meant, i went through all 150 songs on my mp3 cd, and about 5 songs hit decent, all the rest were real weak, i dont know what kinda bass was hitting, but the songs where "grillz", "boom" (longest yd soundtrack), and "candy shop". i mean, most of lil jon wasnt doin much, thats what i meant.

You might have shitty downloads. Poor mp3 quality songs won't hit hard.

its not hitting anything, i mean if those low songs are a 10 in bass on a scale, everything else is about a 2 or maybe a 3. its insane how different they are.

That's just an ouput issue then. Most likely expecting to much from what you have. Those songs are known to have heavy bass rythem.

Are you running a ported box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.