Anybody bi-amping front main speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bikejunkie223
10+ year member

Dls Wh0re
Salem, OR
Hey everyone,

I just got my new reciever Saturday (Denon 2106) and am sthinking about bi-amping my front mains (paradigm Studio 40's) because I am not doing 7.1 surround and have the extra channels of power. My question is, is it worth it, or should I leave it as it is? I already have them bi-wired, so it just means moving the wires and changing an amp assign in the menu. Opinions one way or the other please!

Bi-amping will actually make a perceptible difference, vs. bi-wiring...which won't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Go for it if they're rated for the power.

I think they should be- the little manual that came with the speakers says they are bi-ampable, and they have the little straps that connect the terminals. I know bi-wiring makes no difference at all audibly- I just had the speaker wire laying around and did it. I'll probably need to readjust all the speaker levels after as well? Also where is a good starting point for sub crossovers? It's hard to tell where LFE info starts with home theatre (for me anyway)

I bi-wired my advents and it didn't do jack ****. If you don't have the power to do so, then you really shouldn't bother. There have been articles written on it and the gains have tradeoffs (most notably price).

I think they should be- the little manual that came with the speakers says they are bi-ampable, and they have the little straps that connect the terminals. I know bi-wiring makes no difference at all audibly- I just had the speaker wire laying around and did it. I'll probably need to readjust all the speaker levels after as well? Also where is a good starting point for sub crossovers? It's hard to tell where LFE info starts with home theatre (for me anyway)
You should adjust the sub x-over until you cannot tell you have a sub in the first place. The bass should just come from the speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you can edit the EQ for each channel or other para's then the bi-amp would be a good idea, also if you are just looking to split the load then it would be good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.