100wx2, 5 1/4" components, should I up my budget?

drzenitram
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wichita
Okay, I'm currently looking at the Rainbow Dream Series 5 1/4" component set, and I'm wondering how much of a performance increase I would notice from the Dream series to a higher series, or some Sea Lotus speakers?

Well, basically, I can wait another paycheck and have $400-500 to spend on speakers, but I already have my amp(nine.2) and kickpanels(5 1/4").

So, 100 watts, can I make a vastly noticable upgrade with another paycheck?

What do you all think of the Focal 130v2 5 1/8" vs Rainbow CS 230s 5 1/4"?

don't expect too much midbass from something in the kicks unless you give them a pretty good space to breath in. Ivenever liked focal too harsh of tweets and the rainbows i've liked but only the top end ones impressed me more than the CDTs comparable series. what kind of car do you have? I would try and make a custom pod in the doors using the door for the enclosure and getting a larger speaker size.

Well, I'm pairing them with a 10" subwoofer on healthy power, so I should have midbass covered in that, I want good clean vocals and very high SQ. I've got a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Okay, I'm currently looking at the Rainbow Dream Series 5 1/4" component set, and I'm wondering how much of a performance increase I would notice from the Dream series to a higher series, or some Sea Lotus speakers?
Well, basically, I can wait another paycheck and have $400-500 to spend on speakers, but I already have my amp(nine.2) and kickpanels(5 1/4").

So, 100 watts, can I make a vastly noticable upgrade with another paycheck?

What do you all think of the Focal 130v2 5 1/8" vs Rainbow CS 230s 5 1/4"?
those 5.25" cs's have comparable "midbass" free air to the 6.5" soundline "midbass".

also i heard a set of focal polyglass's today... dem things are LOUD LOUD LOUD off 70w. however the tweet was harsh.

yea, the titanium does ring quite a bit, flakko heard my focals xD

those focals get loud, but 100 might be pushing it a bit with the focals, their max is like 120 or so, but if you do decide to get the focals, just make sure you set your gains accordingly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.