moe lester

Participant count
  • Participant list
well while i am waiting for moe to reply, perhaps you others can help me as well...i decided to also build my own subwoofer, nothing too big, just somehting small and simple to add some decent low end to these full range drivers...my plans are to use this plate amp

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-784

its 70 watts RMS @ 4 ohm...i am thinking about getting a dayton sub to go with it, but i cant decide which one would be best....i think the 8 is too big for the amp i have, so im considering

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-364

it handles 60 watts RMS and i think i want to try it out, but i need help with how big to have the box built, and i also want to include a passive radiator in the design, so i need to know how adding one affects box size...anybody wanna give me some help?

ahh one more thing, i am thinking about doing a simple first order low pass crossover @ 200Hz since the full range drivers supposedly play down that low, so i think that would be sufficient...anyone who cares to disagreee please be my guest, as i would like the input

edit: and now i just realized that the amp has a variable 2nd order crossover adjustable from 60Hz-200...does this mean i dont need a seperate passive crossover?

golly gee what a noob mistake, saw woofer and didnt realize it wasnt a sub...

ok ok...that bieng said, i dont want to spend over 50 on just the sub itself...anybody else have any good options?

its what the PE guy said...i threw it into WinISD and it doesnt look too shabby...otherwise i was looking at a 4" diamter port with the 57" length...this completly avoided it, and charts failry well

hmm i likey. pics of graph? (i'm a nerd //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jaygeorge1979

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jaygeorge1979
Corpus Christi
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date