Sign in to follow this  
Sweetride01

Need to drill?

Pic1518.jpg

Pic1519.jpg

The old 5.25" speaker is shown.

My new speakers (eDi6500) are too deep and too wide. So I am guessing that I will need to do the MDF ring spacer. However, some of the cone will most likely still be outside the perimeter of the current hole. I am guessing this will cause me sound problems? In which case I will need to drill the hole bigger anyway?

'90 325iS

Many Mods

Alpine 9831, SoundSplinter Sealed rl-p 12", EDi 6500 comps, 2x US Amps IS 2150, custom illuminated amp rack, custom fibreglass door pods, XM radio, Clifford Alarm.

nah, a baffle should suffice.

Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.

:rolleyes:

More proof.

I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...

No, Andy, I'm sure the context is fine.

Baffle, as in foam speaker baffle, or a deflex pad? Cuz I already bought a deflex pad.

'90 325iS

Many Mods

Alpine 9831, SoundSplinter Sealed rl-p 12", EDi 6500 comps, 2x US Amps IS 2150, custom illuminated amp rack, custom fibreglass door pods, XM radio, Clifford Alarm.

Baffle, as in foam speaker baffle, or a deflex pad? Cuz I already bought a deflex pad.

no a baffle, like a mdf mounting ring.

Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.

:rolleyes:

More proof.

I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...

No, Andy, I'm sure the context is fine.

K gotcha.

Thanks

'90 325iS

Many Mods

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this