Infinity References vs Kappas

Jaice
10+ year member

???
I'm need some new 6.5's for the doors of my 02 Chevy Monte Carlo. I'm looking at some Infinitys. I can get the 2-way References for about $85 at Circuit City or $72 from woofersetc, but I see the price for the Kappas are reasonable. The Kapaas would be about $103, but is it much of a difference between the two? Both would be amplified. I'm not really interested in comps. Also, I blew the factory bose tweeters in the doors, can anyone recommend a good pair of tweeters that arent too highly priced, and the Infinity tweeters ok? I also have 4 other tweeters also, there cheapos, so would be some good replacments, everything is amplified.

Also, I know they don't produce much bass, I already have subs.

I used to own a set of 6.5 Kappas and I wasn't very impressed. They were VERY harsh like bimma said. I haven't heard the Reference comps but the Reference subs are pretty decent.

the kappa speakers imho are very harsh. I'm currently running 6.5" Reference in the front and rear of my CRX with 2 12" Reference running off of my Crossfire BMF1000D. The system is crisp, clear, and still gets the point across that it has some boom

i loved the sound of my kappa 6x9 and components, nice loud and clear, but then again im more of an aggresive listner, when i had a arc 4050 the 6x9 used to make a nasty distorted EXTREMELY harsh sound on some notes on the tweeter, every other amp i used never did that.

i have the reference 6.5'' for sale $65 band new. put in for about a week. only fed 18 watt form the head unit. i loved the way the sounded in my truck i still have the dash speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.