cross over setting

Flipx99
5,000+ posts

Violator of Terms
Building 100
I have the type r 5.25 crossover set. I already had them from previous car but I decided to build door pods for these. They came out decent. I have a question about the crossover. SHould it be on 0 db, 3 db, or 6 db. I left it at 0 because that os factory but what does it do if you move it?

SHould it be on 0 db, 3 db, or 6 db. I left it at 0 because that os factory but what does it do if you move it?
It just attenuetes the tweeter. Basically, it allows you to adjust the volume of the tweeter. If the crossovers aren't going to be too hard to get to, then you can always change the jumper settings later. However, if your mounting them in your doors, you should probably get everything hooked up first, and play a bunch of different music that you normally listen to, while flipping the jumper to various levels to see where you like it best. Then you can go ahead and mount the door panel, if its going to be hidden.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

This is not something we can answer over the 'net. Just set it to whatever sounds best. Plain and simple.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.