best way to mount tweeters

cooldudejz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N.H.
i was just wandering what you guys think is the best place to mount tweeter, i know ultimately the position of the tweeter has to do with my car, but where is a good place to start. in the A-pillar, or should i mount them on top of my dash pointing right at me. this will be my first speaker install and i want to take the time to make them sound the best they possibly can.

ya from the dash, that is the stock location right now. i will be using a set of oz audio 130 cs, 5 1/4 inch. i can build custom kicks if needed, but was just wondering if the stock location would be ok, which is in the dash fashing upwards towards the windshield, so basically everything is bouncing off the windshield first.

The installer at the local shop here changed his setup a bit by aiming the Tweets at his windshield from the little spot where the side mirrors attach to the car. he said its so they bounce off the glass before they get to you, but I forgot why. but its quite the setup, and one of the best ive heard.

I've never heard a better position for my tweeters in my car than in the a-pillar. The soundstage was pulled up and the music is now at ear-level, like it should be. I don't like my sound coming from below me.

I've never heard a better position for my tweeters in my car than in the a-pillar. The soundstage was pulled up and the music is now at ear-level, like it should be. I don't like my sound coming from below me.
Then you didn't aim something correctly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Aimed correctly, it shouldn't sound like it's coming from below you.

And separating the tweets and mids typically is a bad idea.

The best way to mount the sales girl at tweeters??? I am not sure I understood you correctly but here it goes...

Climb on from behind, grab her ponytail and then whisper in her ear that this is how her sister likes it and then hold on...

Just a Public Service Announcement from your old pal T.

i'm not saying you are wrong, i am just curious, why do the tweeters sound better by the mids? just because the sound is coming from one spot?

i'm not saying you are wrong, i am just curious, why do the tweeters sound better by the mids? just because the sound is coming from one spot?
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. The closer together they are, the more they'll act as a "point source", which will improve the imaging and staging. If you have them located very far from each other, they will act more as separate sources of sound, and it will make it easier to pinpoint where the sound is coming from and degrade imaging.

One exception to this is if you are running a 3-way and have the tweeters crossed over very high......like, in the 7khz+ range. Then it isn't as big of an issue since most of the imaging cues will be coming from a single location; the midrange.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.