Can anyone explain this....

phildapimp89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IL
My sub doesn't play when I push my RCA cables in the amp, but when they are barely even connected to the amp the sub plays... But when I ride with them barely hanging out, sometimes they slip and fall out and then I have no sub. WTF I'm so irritated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

try different rcas. also check your remote wire. see if you connected it to the wiring harness (if you used one) if so connect it directly to the HU. if none of those work try a different amp

Sigh, I gave Best Buy a try on this install since I had $100 worth in gift cards... Time to use their warranty on it... They switched between three people between the job, one of the morons probably forgot to do something... Although the sub worked fine the first day... I'll make them give me new RCAs.

I just noticed there are 3 wires in the RCA cables and one of them just goes nowhere... That probably means nothing, but they will replace anything if it goes bad for no charge.

The middle wire in a set of RCA's is usually used for remote. It's just a convenience. Connecting RCA's between amp and HU connects their grounds together through the shield. Sounds like you have cable issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.