FOSGATE JOE

alpine VS eclipse VS sony???need help?

well guys i sold my alpine 9821 (cheap) hu.Now i need a good sq hu that can work with my stuff..fu-k got to go get my wife from work will give more 411 later ..any input will help

well from what i heard so far in terms of SQ Eclipse is slightly ahead of Alpine which is strongly ahead of Sony

i'd go with Eclipse if you want SQ (actually im thinking of replacing my Alpien for one)

im really getting disgusted with gains and bass issues in my alpine hu...:(

OMG YOU SAID THAT AGAIN!!!!!!

Depends which Sony...Old or new.

I personally would take Alpine out and replace it with Clarion.

Although Eclipse would still get my vote.

Depends which Sony...Old or new.

I personally would take Alpine out and replace it with Clarion.

Although Eclipse would still get my vote.

I can agree with that.

ok i don't want to pay more then $300 new or used i think i will go with eclipse any one got a hu for sale will have cash by 10/28 or the first of the month or a good place on the web too thanks guys for your post!

Go to your local dealer and purchase it. You should be able to pick up a 5435 in the ballpark of your budget.

check out some of the specialty series sonys.... some of you might change your minds

I sell Sony, so I doubt it.

okay to day i got to go home because of rain :) so i went to a place called car audio + and thay sell eclipse and sony so i think i'm goin to go with sony maybe??????? i don't know the model but it has a 7 band eq and remote also 24dit too with other cool stuff .Next i'll look at alpine and rockford .So eclipse is out..

i have a sony just like that in my car and i like it alot better then the pioneer i switched out for the sony

x10... crazy i know, because i dont really like sony either

ok so does the eclipse 8053 really have a 30 band eq?? if it does '' WOW''never new thay had stuff like that for a h.u?

Eclipse hands down by a land slide. I can say this b/c I have owned all three of the brands you have mentioned as well as others. IMO nothing can compete w/ Eclipse for sq. Overall I would say: Eclipse > Clarion > Alpine > Kenwood :cool:

okay to day i went to Car Audio Plus and decided to go with sony the model is cdx-m7815x for$300(layaway SUCKS!!!!) I think its great h.u because it has every think i wanted the bad part is i can't play it till the end of october owell.;(When i can pay the hole thing

I like my ecplise cd 8454. For $300, I would have bought a pioneer deh-p8600mp over that sony.

For some reason the phrase "screwed the pooch" comes to mind.
why do you say that????????that model has 7 band eq, 24bit+bass@treble remote and tilt angles which pioneer or eclipse didn't have well i'm happy!I know sony always brought my scrached c.d's back to life unlike my alpine h.u so i think that why i was leanen towards sony and the eclipse was nice but i didn't want to pay more$$$ for crap i'm not goin to use

why do you say that????????that model has 7 band eq, 24bit+bass@treble remote and tilt angles which pioneer or eclipse didn't have well i'm happy!I know sony always brought my scrached c.d's back to life unlike my alpine h.u so i think that why i was leanen towards sony and the eclipse was nice but i didn't want to pay more$$$ for crap i'm not goin to use

you overlooked the shitiest part of that Sony, the xovers...

For that price you could of had a more capable all around deck IMO

But it sounds like u like it, good luck...