The Official Type R Thread

i just went up to circuit city to see what kind of enclosures they had and found one that i think will work but i just wanted to check...

it's a MTX dual 12" Type 2 Sealed Enclosure

Internal vol. = 2.5ft^3

will this work with my alpine type R subs or will only certain boxes work with these subs???

are these boxes pretty much unversal???

i wanted to know now cause i might go ahead and get the box now so i can start working on my diy costume setup to go behind my back seat.

but since i won't be buying the subs til later i don't want to go through all that work if they might not fit...

thanks

I have 2 type r 12's in my blazer with only 300 watts going to each in a sealed box and it bumps very nicely. The type r's would most deffinately have more sq than the L7's and my guess is that they would be about the same spl if not more than 2 L7's. My friend has a 10 inch solorbaric with a 600 watt amp and a ported box and my set up rapes his in every way. Hope this helps

really depends on power, how much power to each setup? If you do four ported Type R's the enclosure will be bigger than two L7's...

as far as SQ, I didn't think that was the question...loudness was...if loudness is the desired goal, large power and ported enclosure is the way to go...SQ, a 180 and do smaller power, sealed.

im not really worried about sq as much as i am it being loud and havings tons of bass and i would have the hifonics 1000 on the 4 type r's and the hifonics 1500 on the 2 l7's

Well I would run the 4 Type R's with the Hifonics 1500. My friend has 2 L7 15's in a ported box with a PPI PC 2400 (not PCX crap, running around 1700WRMS), and I have 4 12" Type R's in a custom bandpass box with a RF 1500bd (1670WRMS tested, running around 1200-1400). As far as being loud both setups are far louder then needed for everyday driving. I would say mine is louder, and has much better sq.

I have ONE type R 12" running on 350 watts and it is sometimes TOO loud for me and I have to turn it down. Four would probably make some heads explode...Be careful what you wish for because they are some LOUD subs.

i would run a 1500d on each solo. They'll take it like nothing, i've seen them with ~1700w daily and they just keep on poundin away.

put them in a 3.5 cube box each tuned to like 40 hz or something like that. They will be so loud you won't be able to sit in your car for longer than 5 mins @ full blast.

Yo guys, i ordered the dual 4 ohm a while ago and i sent them back and ordered the dual 2 ohm 15's now can anyone plz tell me how to wire these beasts to 2 ohm load plz?? THANKz guyz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/driving.gif.c4dead4599dda895032b63e51f52b126.gif

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Your welcome.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.