Fiberglass advice....

cjj2d
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Murfreesboro
so I am finally going to start on my first fiverglass job. It will be to put my 5.25" midrange in the kick, and probably the tweet too.

What I was thinking, tell me if this would be a good idea or not, was find a junk yard and get a second set of kickpanels for my car and just add on to them, that way they snap right into place if that makes any sense at all.

any suggestions or advice at all is great.

That is what I am going to do with the set I am about to start. Resin will not bond well with the plastic. I have been advised to drill small holes in the plastic so the resin will flow through them and provide a better bond.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Of course not bro, I'm having my car transported to you for install.. You are the only person I would let touch my car on the planet.. Should be...
No reason you couldn't just glue a ring of plywood up under there then paint it with some bedliner or plasti-dip or similar to keep the elements...
Signal flow should be HU to DSP to amps. You would lose the ability to EQ and time align the sub with the DSP unit if you bypassed the DSP.
The HU us likley 12-15 x 4 at best so yes, using an amp will be hugely beneficial, night and day. The HU us not going to drive a sub to any...
i have a 15 already for the lows ita a little over kill for a crew cab but I like it and I was hoping it would sound better and louder than my old...

About this thread

cjj2d

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cjj2d
Murfreesboro
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date