Alarm stopped working, help

mickyd32
10+ year member

Canada
I have a compustar alarm starter on my 1995 gtp. In the fall, I hit a deer with it and it went into the body shop. It came back out and the alarm won't activate and neither will the starter. I have no idea where to even start looking, this is not my field at all

look for blown fuses on the main alarm harness... or see if it's unplugged... the alarm brain will prolly be zip tied under the dash somewhere... may have to take a panel or 2 off to see it

yey remove dash, and look for the head unit basically. But before all of that i would go with the fuses. One might of busted and a simple replacement may work again

I have a compustar alarm starter on my 1995 gtp. In the fall, I hit a deer with it and it went into the body shop. It came back out and the alarm won't activate and neither will the starter. I have no idea where to even start looking, this is not my field at all
Take it to a professional - seriously. If you don't have any idea where to start this is a bad way to jump in headfirst.

Take it to a professional - seriously. If you don't have any idea where to start this is a bad way to jump in headfirst.
agreed. The alarm should be covered if it was an aftermarket alarm or if it came with the car, go back to the dealer. Most alarms I've heard of have lifetime warranty or at least a long time warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.