mickyd32

Alarm stopped working, help

I have a compustar alarm starter on my 1995 gtp. In the fall, I hit a deer with it and it went into the body shop. It came back out and the alarm won't activate and neither will the starter. I have no idea where to even start looking, this is not my field at all

---'95 Grand Prix GTP--

-Kenwood KDC 522MP (should be better)

-Alpine MRDM 500 mono amp

-Sony 754HX 4 chanell speaker amp

-Alpine 174A SPR 6.5" comps (fronts)

-Alpine SPS 690 6x9" rears (rears)

-Boss audio Eq (forget the number)

-Phoenix Gold 1.0 fard power cap

-dual 12" type R's in a sealed box

-4 guage wiring

-custom fiberglassed door panels to fit the oversized door speakers (its like fun with playdough, but for big kids)

Compustar 2 way alarm/starter

-=Danny=-

look for blown fuses on the main alarm harness... or see if it's unplugged... the alarm brain will prolly be zip tied under the dash somewhere... may have to take a panel or 2 off to see it

Been out of this for a longgg time...

yey remove dash, and look for the head unit basically. But before all of that i would go with the fuses. One might of busted and a simple replacement may work again

Custom Boxes - PM Me

References

Spkrman, LivinLife, chris96camaro

Ebay Username - Shawn Kerrigan

AIM - Irishpub021

I have a compustar alarm starter on my 1995 gtp. In the fall, I hit a deer with it and it went into the body shop. It came back out and the alarm won't activate and neither will the starter. I have no idea where to even start looking, this is not my field at all

Take it to a professional - seriously. If you don't have any idea where to start this is a bad way to jump in headfirst.

Take it to a professional - seriously. If you don't have any idea where to start this is a bad way to jump in headfirst.

agreed. The alarm should be covered if it was an aftermarket alarm or if it came with the car, go back to the dealer. Most alarms I've heard of have lifetime warranty or at least a long time warranty.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now