Jeez.... I think my HU is Busted.

flakko
5,000+ posts

Veteran (my butt)
So Cal
this is JUST great. when i go to turn on my car today my didnt turn on. At first i thought it was a wiring problem. I checked everything, even reconnected the power wires. The Head unit would turn on for a while, then turn off. Then turn on. then off, and so on for a good 5 minutes. Once it stayed on long enough for me to put the unit back into its harness. then it turned off.

So i check the fuses. everythings fine. i take the face off... the security light is blinking so i know that there is power going thru it. So i put the Face back in. Nothing.

So my hypothesis is something is jacked up with the face, or the unit itself.

Is my HU just busted, or is there something i am missing?

that sux, going on and off as you described sounds like a loose connection. If all of your wiring is good it could be a solder joint inside the unit. Does it smell like you let the smoke out of it? If it isn't under warranty open it up and check the connections where the power leads come into the unit.

It would come on/off pretty much randomly too right? Not like when it got bumped around? I think mine started to do that right before i took it out. I just assumed it was a connection in the harness coming loose.

oh no i was jerking it around (that soudnds wrong) and as i was messing with the power connections it would turn on and off. but then after a while it wouldnt turn on anymore. but the security light is still on... thats wat im confused about

You checked the fuse(s) in the car's fuse box right? Sounds like something is wrong with the acc wire somewhere/how if it isn't the deck itself.

acc wire. hmm ill check tomorrow. but i dont get why the security lights flashing if the face doesnt work

security light dosn't run off of the switched 12v line. The switched line is the one you need to check conections and fuses on

lol money is the problem eclipse is rather spensive.

but i checkd the acc wire today, reconnected it. no worky

I CANT STAND NOT HAVING MUSIC!!

my friend has an hu that needs installed. now if that doesnt work in my car, then wiring is messed up in my car.

can anyone else tell wat my prob is??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

flakko

5,000+ posts
Veteran (my butt)
flakko
So Cal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date