CD-RB10, iPod, and Pioneer p860

DJ FADE
10+ year member

i recently purchased this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5797991966&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

i hooked it up to my pioneer deh-p860mp headunit and was excited to hook up my iPod as an aux input. however, once it got hooked up, i was very disappointed. the sound quality is not very good. for some reason, there were very few bass frequencies being transmitted, as my subs weren't even kicking. and if it got turned up louder than a certain piont (not very loud), the signal was distorted.

my question is - where do you think the problem lies? is it because i purchased a knock off cd-rb10 cable? or has somebody else experienced similar problems with the pioneer brand cd-rb10.

any help is appreciated. thanks.

i use the CD-RB10 (pioneers real model) with my Ipod and its GREAT. all i have to do is max the volume on my ipod, then boost my aux level output 2 or 3. I think it is the cable you have. Yes i did pay 30 for mine, but it was worth it i guess.

I have a very similar setup, except that I have the adapter that allows the changer as well and I am running a DEH-P6400 deck. I can say that SQ on an iPod isn't great anyway, but the dock connection is the best way to get SQ, rather than through the head phone jack. More practically, make sure that your settings are right. Check the EQ settings in your iPod and make sure that the volume on the iPod is around 80-90%. Also, how are your files encoded? If they are MP3's, then the SQ definately suffers anyway. Try encoding songs using the AAC format. (Don't re-encode files that are already uploaded, this will result in a loss of SQ.) It is a smaller file that yields a better sound quality. If you have the storage, go with Lossless encoding, it's around CD quality but takes up a lot of space. Also, I know my deck allows for an adjustment of internal volume depending on the source so that one may play louder or quieter than another. You could try that as well. I have heard of people getting bad results from sub-par cables, but I don't know much about that. And I am sure that you have already checked all of your connections. Hope this helps.

thanks to everyone for your replies. i will try to see if i can't tweak the settings a little bit to achieve better sound. if not, i'll try upgrading the cable, or perhaps trying the dock rather than the headphone output on the ipod. thanks everyone.

i use the CD-RB10 (pioneers real model) with my Ipod and its GREAT. all i have to do is max the volume on my ipod, then boost my aux level output 2 or 3. I think it is the cable you have. Yes i did pay 30 for mine, but it was worth it i guess.
I did the same thing on my girls deh-p6700mp with her i-pod mini

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.