RL-p15 Box Part II (D2 with ol’ school cone)

idiot
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I first built this box about six months ago. But when I slid in the box, I noticed that the back seat wouldn’t close properly (the mold had deformed with subsequent layers). At the time, I didn’t really care, since I had no time to repair it. But now that summer is slipping away, I've finally forced myself to reshape that side and fix that defect... as well as add a few other things...

Getting that nice fit, courtesy of body filler:

dscf00589fb.jpg

Disgusting, isn't it?

dscf00593cz.jpg

It was a war between man and carpet:

dscf00663ys.jpg

But I think I won:

dscf00674ze.jpg

dscf00688bh.jpg

And I carpeted the backside, this time:

dscf00696re.jpg

I also moved my amps from beneath the front seats into the spare tire well. This freed up tons of leg room for the back seats. Of course, in order to do this properly, I had to fabricate a false floor, since the stock one was unsuitable. Ignore the hideous black paint job on the amp racks. (They're never visible.) And ignore the fact that I have only one mono Crossfire EQ. I bought a pair off eBay and only one arrived in working condition. However, I feel obliged to take this time and praise the wonderful customer service over at Crossfire. These EQs also shipped without the power plugs in the back (necessary to turn the **** things on, unless you want to solder your new purchase). One call to Crossfire had two plugs at my door in three days, free of charge. And when we hooked them up and found that one didn’t work, a second call gave us an RMA number to exchange the damaged piece for a brand new one. (Also free of charge, minus $8 shipping.) It was an absolute pleasure dealing with them.

dscf00024or.jpg

dscf00063ii.jpg

Remember what I said about the paint? Oh, and ignore the messy wiring also:

dscf00709nt.jpg

I plan to carpet over that long plastic door at the base of the rear seats, but I ran out of materials. So next time.

dscf00719uy.jpg

Thanks, guys!

It's 2.1-2.2 ft^3 after displacments, and it sounds wonderful. I popped in some jazz after installing it (I'd been without the sub for over two weeks, while I was working on this), and just sunk back into the driver's seat for thirty minutes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I mean, my K2Ps can put out some decent midbass, but these tracks just aren't complete without the bottom few octaves. And I've never heard a sub so accurately reproduce an upright bass as the RL-p. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.