Box Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

walkychalky
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Currently I have two 12's but am upgrading to two 15" RE SX's.....they will be powered by an orion 2500d.... here is a quick sketch of the box i am using now: http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9914/enclosure7zy.jpg

It's made with 3/4" MDF

so my question is do u think that this box will be a nice match for my new subs if i cut the holes larger so that they fit 15's? or would u suggest a whole new box?....i would like to keep this one because it fits perfectly in my Grand Cherokee and looks very nice....but i dont want my new subs to sound like **** in it....so any suggestions?....i dont know anthing about building boxes so i would have to pay for someone to build a new one.....so lemme know what your guys opinions are. Also, if anyone could let me know what the box is tuned to n its volume that'd be very helpful....i forgot what it was n dont know how to figure it out. (The calculators only confuse me)

Thanx

Looks good, RE recommends 3.5 per 15 SX for SQL, and you're giving them a little under 7.8( i dunno what ur subs displacement is, closer to 7 after displacement) for both with a tuning at about 31. pre-displacement of subs.

Looks good, RE recommends 3.5 per 15 SX for SQL, and you're giving them a little under 7.8( i dunno what ur subs displacement is, closer to 7 after displacement) for both with a tuning at about 31. pre-displacement of subs.
Wrong.

very informative

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

Its either 7.8 @31 or 6.3@34 depending on how u measured it.

Box = 6.73 before any displacments. Granted those are external dimmensions.

Port displacment = 0.56

Speaker displacment will be 0.36

So 5.81ft^3 after displacment. That's only 2.91ft^3 each and you will need a bigger box...

so if i wanted 3.5 cubes per sub after port and sub displacement.....tuned to about 32 Hz...... what would the LxWxH (external) have to be?....would it fit in a space thats 45x21x19?.....

could u give me the dimensions it would take.....maybe extending the length and width a lil bit....i could maybe gain an inch or two either way....or would this still not be enough?

Actually those dimmensions wrok out pretty good.

Box - 45" x 21" x 19" = 8.59

Slot Port - 17.5" x 4" x 16" = tunned to 32hz(31.83)

Each speaker will have 3.73ft^3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.