Sign in to follow this  
walkychalky

Box Question

Currently I have two 12's but am upgrading to two 15" RE SX's.....they will be powered by an orion 2500d.... here is a quick sketch of the box i am using now: http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9914/enclosure7zy.jpg

It's made with 3/4" MDF

so my question is do u think that this box will be a nice match for my new subs if i cut the holes larger so that they fit 15's? or would u suggest a whole new box?....i would like to keep this one because it fits perfectly in my Grand Cherokee and looks very nice....but i dont want my new subs to sound like shit in it....so any suggestions?....i dont know anthing about building boxes so i would have to pay for someone to build a new one.....so lemme know what your guys opinions are. Also, if anyone could let me know what the box is tuned to n its volume that'd be very helpful....i forgot what it was n dont know how to figure it out. (The calculators only confuse me)

Thanx

Looks good, RE recommends 3.5 per 15 SX for SQL, and you're giving them a little under 7.8( i dunno what ur subs displacement is, closer to 7 after displacement) for both with a tuning at about 31. pre-displacement of subs.

thanx for ur help....how do i found out the displacement of my subs and how much will the displacement affect tuning??

Looks good, RE recommends 3.5 per 15 SX for SQL, and you're giving them a little under 7.8( i dunno what ur subs displacement is, closer to 7 after displacement) for both with a tuning at about 31. pre-displacement of subs.

Wrong.

Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!

Irony?

Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. ;) Irony indeed.

:wow:

Wrong.

very informative

:handclap:

Its either 7.8 @31 or 6.3@34 depending on how u measured it.

Box = 6.73 before any displacments. Granted those are external dimmensions.

Port displacment = 0.56

Speaker displacment will be 0.36

So 5.81ft^3 after displacment. That's only 2.91ft^3 each and you will need a bigger box...

Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!

Irony?

Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. ;) Irony indeed.

Oh and your current box is tuned to 34.5hz...

Irony?

so if i wanted 3.5 cubes per sub after port and sub displacement.....tuned to about 32 Hz...... what would the LxWxH (external) have to be?....would it fit in a space thats 45x21x19?.....

Yes. But you may not get the disired port area for 2 15's.

Irony?

could u give me the dimensions it would take.....maybe extending the length and width a lil bit....i could maybe gain an inch or two either way....or would this still not be enough?

Actually those dimmensions wrok out pretty good.

Box - 45" x 21" x 19" = 8.59

Slot Port - 17.5" x 4" x 16" = tunned to 32hz(31.83)

Each speaker will have 3.73ft^3

Irony?

Actually those dimmensions wrok out pretty good.

Box - 45" x 21" x 19" = 8.59

Slot Port - 17.5" x 4" x 16" = tunned to 32hz(31.83)

Each speaker will have 3.73ft^3

that sounds great.....will the extra .23 cubes per sub make much of a difference in performance?

that sounds great.....will the extra .23 cubes per sub make much of a difference in performance?

Yep. You can shave about an inch If you wish to get back down to 3.5 each. But I find with a bigger box the Low end is much louder:yumyum:

Irony?

well he said b4 that my sub displacemnt would be .36....so that would make it .18 per sub....meaning that each sub would have 3.55 cubes?...is this right??

He didn't take in account sub displacement so it'll be a little shy.

If you are refering to me, yes I did.

Total box volume 8.59

Total port displacment 0.77

Sub Displacment .36

Volume after displacment - 7.46

3.73 each sub...

:p:

Irony?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this