Infinity Kappa 6.5" Components sound too bright!!

dlomonosov
10+ year member

FL
Is there anyway to make these sound warmer and sweeter, these are very bright, my treble is all the way down and still bright, I should have known that these were metal tweeters, can I adjust x-over on these? Or I need to buy new comps all together to get warm and sweet mids and highs, any suggestions? or can I just get soft dome tweets? Where and which ones to get cheap online?

wish, I could help but I can't. I can however say all infinitys I heard have had some pretty harsh tweeters(bright) I think we're talkin the same thing.

Does your crossover have attentuation?

Experiment with the tweeter posistion ie. change the angle.

Or get some smoother tweets.

I see I will then just get some new comps.. I might go with CDT or Dyns.. Like I wanted to on first place, just did not want to spend extra cash, now I see the result.. lol

I see I will then just get some new comps.. I might go with CDT or Dyns.. Like I wanted to on first place, just did not want to spend extra cash, now I see the result.. lol
I did the same thing as you. I went with infinitys because they were fairly cheap, and I just needed to hear my music, but I quickly got rid of them, and got some real comps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Is there anyway to make these sound warmer and sweeter, these are very bright, my treble is all the way down and still bright, I should have known that these were metal tweeters, can I adjust x-over on these? Or I need to buy new comps all together to get warm and sweet mids and highs, any suggestions? or can I just get soft dome tweets? Where and which ones to get cheap online?
I fully agree with your assessment there - the Infinities are bright. If you don't like bright, I'd also stay away from the Focal and I thought the JL separates were a bit bright too, but perhaps not as bright as the infinities. Hmm... Now that I think of it, it would be nice if we had some kind of ranking system for brightness, so we could compare all the speakers together and we'd all know exactly what level brightness we like! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anyway, I recommend you also check out the Clarion ProAudio speakers. Not sure what size speaker you're looking for, but I currently have my sights set on the SRS1685. Interestingly enough, they also sell a stand-alone tweeter: SRH205 .

Good luck!

- Mike

i have infinity perfects. mine sound great. i have the tweeter level set at NEGATIVE 4DB. at 0DB its a little bright and at +6 it is crazy bright. i also have an audiocontrol EQX boosting 125hz to bring the midbass out and i have the tweet frequencies tuned with the EQX and i think it sounds great. am going to upgrade to ology audio though and give it a shot.. lets see what youre made of ology!!!

Well I am not sure about budget, but maybe 450-500 for both, 6.5" comps and matching 6.5 2-way coaxs for back doors, I was thinking to get CDT's:

As you know you will never achieve the soundstage and imaging of good home audio in the car, so I don't ***** about $800 comps for the car I just don't see the poinbt of spending that much money. I would get those comps used from someone for $200 or so, but not spend that much on new. What do you think about these:

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-EF-61-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108381.htm or

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-61A-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-101083.htm

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-62-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108376.htm

180rms!! monsters

and I need 2 ways for back doors to match, any idea? how about these:

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-63-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108378.htm

for the price and specs, sound very good, their ES line is too much, for that much I would mabe consider Dynaudio 240 series if I would spend that much.. PLus Dynaudiuo would be easier to resell later on on ebay, so what do you think of these as a replacement?

Front speakers alone sounds better and you *CAN* get proper imaging in a car -- see some reviews of my component sets in the slightly over $300/set neighborhood compete with $2000 speakers in terms of sound quality

Even in the stock locations they image well... see the latest review on them on these forums...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.