Help mounting external Infinity Kappa 3 way crossover?

PublicEnemy

Hey, I am wondering if I can mount the little external crossover inside the door of my 1990 Integra for my Infinity Kappa 63.7's . I didn't run new speaker wire so it would be a huge pain to mount the crossover inside the car as opposed to in the door. Will it be safe from water etc, mounted in the door?

That would depend on it water gets inside your door.

Take your door panel off, and go to a car wash, spray all around the door, to simulate rain, and see what happens.

I find the best install points to be under the front seats or up under the dash, but that's me... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I find the best install points to be under the front seats or up under the dash, but that's me... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I completely agree. In my last car this is what I did but thats becuase I ran all new speaker wire and it was way easy. Since I am leaving the factory wiring in its almost impossible to mount anywhere else other than inside the doors without making a huge hassle.

Take a look behind your kick panels and find the wire running out to the doors. Then put your crossovers in behind the kicks. That should make it easy for you. At most you might have to run a short wire out to the doors. That way you won't have to worry about moisture screwing up the crossovers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.