ok so i have a 97 GTP, I NEED SPEAKERS

vosschs
5,000+ posts

Banned
i have a 97 grand prix and the speakers ****, i want a 5 1/4 set of comps, around 100 or so, maybe cheaper who knows, im wondering what kind i want, i want to run them off a head unit, i dont want an extra amp if i have too, is it possible? if so what are my best choices, heres what im looking at now

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpspr136a&store=&catid=355

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=4514

and maybe these

http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=329&language=1

i really like the look of the type Rs and i heard there good, but also heard the infinity ones are good, the 5 1/4s will be open (no grill in front )

I wouldn't bother with comps if you're going to power them via the HU. The HU won't do them justice.
You never know until you try it, he might like it he maybe wont like it.

I say you try it first, i would get the Type R's and see if you like them ran of the HU if not get an amp.

I have a '98 GrandPrix GTP, and stock headunit goes to a 6 channel amp...

in the front its 5 1/4 comps

in the rear it has 3 1/2's and 6x9's

also in the rear it it has a high and low wires, so for coxials you have to do some modding for correct sound staging....

so if ur using the stock hu ur getting ~ 65 wrms up fornt ~50 and ~25 in the back

i think ill try the type R 5 1/4s then,

slain you say the stock HU puts 65 wrms to the front, those R's are 40wrms, would i be able to hook them up to the stock head unit?

im doin the same thing, just running my comps off my headunit with no amp for them. Im sure they will sound good with no amp, but then again what do i know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.