Sign in to follow this  
rand

Okay, new to the biz, a few questions....

Okay, I have just got two pioneer 12" subs, wired in the box, and a 150W Punch amp for christmas. Today I bought the wires, fosgates, and need to still buy a good cd stereo. What would be a good buy? I am looking for something not too much more than 100 bucks...also, what is the difference between having one or two preouts? Does it make a difference? Should I get another amp to help power my subs? If so, should i also get a power cap so the juice from my battery wont be totally consumed by my stereo? Any help is better than the little knowledge I already have...thanks...

Okay a deck close to $100 bucks. That's gonna be a tough one. Check out ebay maybe.

There are a couple of reasons for more than one set of preamp outputs on a headunit. Ease of adding additional amps for mids and highs. If using both sets usually you will have the ability to use the fader on the head unit. Some decks have a third set for a sub output. Does it make a difference ? If you want to upgrade later yes. If you only plan on using one amp no. I doubt you will need another amp for your subs. I seriously doubt you will need a cap. A cap doesn't act like a battery. A cap will only offer very,very short bursts of power. About the only thing a cap will help you with is to keep your lights from dimming. I don't think you will have dimming problems.