Zone 2 on Stinger HEIGH10?

Participant count
  • Participant list

daemon9

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hey there

My HEIGH10 has Zone 2 Audio outs that I get no sound from. I did a search on Google and a lot of home audio stuff came up saying because the audio source going into the receiver via HDMI is digital and you would have to run an analog connection from the source to the receiver and from your receiver to zone 2 speakers. But with the HEIGH10, the source is the receiver so shouldn't the Zone 2 audio out automatically work? I don't see anything in the settings to enable the outputs. Reason: I was thinking I could use the output signal for my tweeters. That I could have them on a separate input into my aftermarket amp so they don't have to be linked to another channel and can be gained separately. If my thinking is way off, I apologize...I am a bit new to modern car audio. It was so much simpler 30 years ago. I appreciate any info!

Wow Stinger took a cheap Chinese Android headunit and put their name on it to charge 10 times the price.

Honestly I don't think I have seen a single person talk about that headunit on here. But tons of people posting issues with those Chinese 10" headunits. I did try searching your problem and came up with nothing. Probably best to contact Stinger.

727-572-9255 x285

Wow Stinger took a cheap Chinese Android headunit and put their name on it to charge 10 times the price.

Honestly I don't think I have seen a single person talk about that headunit on here. But tons of people posting issues with those Chinese 10" headunits. I did try searching your problem and came up with nothing. Probably best to contact Stinger.

727-572-9255 x285

I do have a few more gripes about the UI, but I'm coming from Insane Audio's DD2001 and I find the sound quality significantly higher with the HEIGH10. Trust me, I was definitely reluctant to go to another Android-based unit after that Insane Audio nonsense, but I was pleasantly surprised. I do feel like I threw $1500 down the drain with the DD2001, makes me a bit nauseous thinking about it, but I do not feel this way after using the HEIGH10 for about 2 months. If Stinger fixes the UI, I really would be completely satisfied with the unit. Thanks for the info, I will definitely give them a call.

727-572-9255 x285
Not sure what OP drives, but this head unit is hugely popular on the Jeep forums. There are currently only 3 manufacturers that I know of that make full swap kits for the Jeep JL and gladiator, Stinger with the heigh10 and heigh8 for around 13-1500, insane audio for roughly 1500 as well, and alpine for around 3 grand.

Hey there

My HEIGH10 has Zone 2 Audio outs that I get no sound from. I did a search on Google and a lot of home audio stuff came up saying because the audio source going into the receiver via HDMI is digital and you would have to run an analog connection from the source to the receiver and from your receiver to zone 2 speakers. But with the HEIGH10, the source is the receiver so shouldn't the Zone 2 audio out automatically work? I don't see anything in the settings to enable the outputs. Reason: I was thinking I could use the output signal for my tweeters. That I could have them on a separate input into my aftermarket amp so they don't have to be linked to another channel and can be gained separately. If my thinking is way off, I apologize...I am a bit new to modern car audio. It was so much simpler 30 years ago. I appreciate any info!

I also have the heigh10 and will finally be installing in the next few weeks. Did you end up figuring this out?

i will be running two of the rcas out to a Barbara Ann that is powering two sets of Polk audio 6.5s (db652s, knee panel pods and soundbar) and the sub rca outs to a Taramps md3000.1 (for now, until I have the money for an sia) powering an FI Q 12.

I’m planning on running the 3.5” Hertz coaxles in the upper dash off of the heigh10 power.

hoping this won’t be an issue.

Hey so I talked to an AAMP tech support guy and pointed me to the advanced audio settings stating that the Zone 2 outs are part of the AV outs (despite not finding any information in the manual verifying this) and can be turned on where you would also select the source (USB, AV). Since USB is a selectable source, and is where all the music I listen to comes from, I don't see a reason why I couldn't use that signal for my tweeters (using in-line crossovers, of course). I hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.