Zapco Z-SP Series at Rubyserv

Participant count
  • Participants list

trumpet
5,000+ posts

Barry Schanz
Rubyserv is looking for nut cases and lunatics to try these new amplifiers.

https://www.zapco.com/z-sp-series

0bf3d1_0bdcba1841624ad4b97c6dec9f14a2ae~mv2.webp

Do you want incredible sound quality and you want it loud? Are you tired of thermal protection cutting your demos or road trip jam session short? If you say "Hell yes I am" this is the solution.

The Z-Series SP amps were a chance to make a completely new project. To reach our goals we first developed a new forced air cooling system in a chassis with internal heat sink fins and fans to blow the heat off the chassis. Fans blow on to the fins to move air down the chassis, and the side vents down the side create turbulence that sends hot air out and cold air in along the whole length of the amp. This got us half way there. Then we found a new space-age material, to insulate the output transistors, that can pull heat off devices much faster than the standard insulators. So now we could transfer the heat from the devices to the chassis faster then pull the heat off the chassis faster.The result: We now had an amplifier that you can crank up to full volume and play that way all day long. And, with a few upgrades in circuitry that we made, you also get: High Pass, Low Pass, and Band Pass crossovers, x10 Range Switch for accurate crossover frequency selection, Variable Sub Sonic filter using the band pass, Variable Bass Boost, Variable Gain, Auxiliary RCA Output, Available Dash Remote.

In most amplifiers all these preamp controls give you more versatility but they also rob you of signal quality. But in the Zapco Z-Series SP amps, even with crossovers and bass boost you get over 103dB signal to noise ratio, less than 0.1% THD, and greater than 60dB channel separation. And the SP amps get a 10% power gain from increased thermal efficiency that reduces the "de-rating" of the output devices.

A quick rundown of the SP amp's unique features:

• Cooling fans with thermal speed control

• Insulator with 70% less thermal resistance of MICA for faster heat transfer

• Proprietary RCA connectors with extra heavy plating soldered directly on the PCB

(Zapco design) with 6 ground lugs on each, for an absolutely secure mount

• Balanced and differential inputs with one tenth the normal resistance

• New Op-amp with lower noise than even the current LX amps

• Bass Boost that is out of the circuit when set to 0

• Capacitors with lower internal resistance and lower inductance (only just now appearing in the LX amps)

• Fine adjustment for bias in each channel

• A custom plaque with model and serial number lets them know this amp is special
Z-150.2 SP

2-Ch. Class AB Amplifier

Z-400.2 SP

2-Ch. Class AB Amplifier

Z-150.4 SP

4-Ch. Class AB Amplifier

Z-150.6 SP

6-Ch. Class AB Amplifier

Prices and availability status update coming soon.

They look like nice amps... but im sure the price isnt very nice.

Lots of good class d amps that and bandpass capable now. These zapcos will definately be a niche market

They look like nice amps... but im sure the price isnt very nice.

Lots of good class d amps that and bandpass capable now. These zapcos will definately be a niche market

Pretty bold staying in class A/B but the size isn't terrible for the power levels and I'd expect they sound fantastic. Post up some install pics when they start getting installed.'

By the way, got those tweeters, thanks, they're quite nice. PM me a link to your thread if you want to exchange refs.

Pretty bold staying in class A/B but the size isn't terrible for the power levels and I'd expect they sound fantastic. Post up some install pics when they start getting installed.'

By the way, got those tweeters, thanks, they're quite nice. PM me a link to your thread if you want to exchange refs.

you get the CDT aluminum DRT 26s?

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Got a new Zapco sheet...wow. The new DSPs and add-ons are going to be sick.
Still waiting on Z SP info.
when you get the DSP price send it to me ASAP...

Z-150.6 SP 1299.95

Z-400.2 SP 1099.95

Z-150.4 SP 1019.95

Z-150.2 SP 699.95

All models are shipping NOW. Payment by PayPal and credit card.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

trumpet

5,000+ posts
Barry Schanz
trumpet
St Cloud, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date