Zapco 360.4 takes 5 to 15 minutes to turn on

Participant count
  • Participant list
Why does it take so long to come on? is there an internal breaker?
Thanks
Older amps like this one have a relay. It may be a cracked solder joint that warms up until it finally expands enough to make contact. Doing a visual inspection may be difficult because cracked solder joints are sometimes so thin that you cannot see them. Best bet would be to hit every solder joint with a soldering iron on the power input side. Not something everyone can do so you may take it to a tv repair tech. I honestly cannot think of another reason for said issue.

It has to be related to current flow causing heating then expansion of metal. I think you’re seeing low voltage initially at some point in the amp, even though the circuit is complete. Seems to me something is having to heat up to close a gap.

Idk if this amp has fuses or not, but bad fuses can cause this issue. You may replace your power wire fuse and check your power and ground connections, ring terminals, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...