Zapco 350.2 vs. JL Audio 300/2

bikejunkie223
10+ year member

Dls Wh0re
Salem, OR
I am currently shopping for a new 2-channel to run my Polk Audio DB 6500 seperates. The specs on the Zapco & JL are very similar, the JL making a bit more claimed power, with the Zapco at lower THD levels (slightly I know) either amp will border on overkill, as it pertains to having enough power for my mids and highs. I am also open to suggestions of other amps in the same wattage/cleanliness range (100-150 watts RMSx2 into 4ohms) What do you guys reccomend? my budget is $400-$500 for this amp. Not that it matters but this amp will replace an ancient PPI that is rated at 75w/channel, though I doubt it approches that amount.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Not that it matters but this amp will replace an ancient PPI that is rated at 75w/channel, though I doubt it approches that amount.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
How old is that PPI ? If it is over about seven yeas old, you are probably right. It will never come close to making its rated 75 watts per channel. Matter of fact I will pay the shipping on that piece of junk just to throw it away for you.

OH yeah, both the zapco and JL are well built. Either should do well for you. Pick the one with the price and features you like

i would take a zapco 350.2 over my JL 300/2. that is why i just changed to a zapco 360.4 in my boat. any of the zapco reference line is above the JL slash series. coming from one who owns both.

Zapco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JL. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Thanks for all the replies, it's pretty much what I expected- the PPI I am using is probably in the 10-15 year old range (pre internal crossover, and power/ground connections permenanly attached to the amp old) it still sounds decent, but needs to go away- though it may be okay for rear fill (deck power now) Any comments on the mbquart ref. amps? dirty cheap for the power @ crutchfield, but thd specs and such are no match for the Zapco or JL

Sorry man I'm talking about AMPS only though. Zapco has been making them alot longer than JL has so they SHOULD make better amps.
they are all in house too. everything is designed, made, and tested right there. JL tells someone else to make an amp to these specs. cant beat in-house production.

Rightly so......its a good amp. Zapco is Wayyyy too expensive for my taste.
the reference series is actually very afforable when comparing to the JL slash series. pretty much anything under 500 watts is cheaper in the zapco than in the JL. but when you reach the 1000 watt stage the zapco is slightly more, like 100 bucks more.

the reference series is actually very afforable when comparing to the JL slash series. pretty much anything under 500 watts is cheaper in the zapco than in the JL. but when you reach the 1000 watt stage the zapco is slightly more, like 100 bucks more.

I hear ya on that but if I don't think I would ever buy a Zapco amp unless I could listen first. The reference series looks nice but because its their mid level line I'm wondering what they compromised to keep the price down. Its almost like I would have to insist on the C2K series if any at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.