your low end drown the vocals?

green_slip
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Utah
A lot of kids at my school play their systems at lunch in the parking lot and most of them sound shitty. I mean what's the point of a system if all your hearing is a pounding bass line that makes the vocals inaudible? Hopefully you understand what I'm talking about. So my question is does your setup allow the vocals as well as the instruments to be heard together as one? I sure as hell hope my system doesn't sound like that once I get it installed. thnx.

A lot of kids at my school play their systems at lunch in the parking lot and most of them sound shitty. I mean what's the point of a system if all your hearing is a pounding bass line that makes the vocals inaudible? Hopefully you understand what I'm talking about. So my question is does your setup allow the vocals as well as the instruments to be heard together as one? I sure as hell hope my system doesn't sound like that once I get it installed. thnx.
if you get some spl subs you will likely not be able to hear your highs inside the car. That is because your eardrums are moving at sub frequencies so are unable to pick up the high end. However, as long as your highend is properly tuned, people will be able to hear them fine in the "parking lot" because they are not inside the car. This really only applies to really loud bass notes, i.e. bass cd's. As for the usual music types, even with the subs you'll be able to hear the highend just fine.

edit...another reson their stuff sounds aweful is because they can't hear the distortion coming from their highend because of the subs drowning them out. If their highend was properly tuned then it would sound ok at high volumes.

those hs punks dont know what a good sysem is if the bass hit them in the chest. get some nice 10's and a decent amp and you will beat them in sq 1000x over. all people wanted when i was in hs was loudness.

those hs punks dont know what a good sysem is if the bass hit them in the chest. get some nice 10's and a decent amp and you will beat them in sq 1000x over. all people wanted when i was in hs was loudness.
the only other system i can think that would come close to mine is a kid has two RF punch h2 or something i dont remember the exact model #. they are getting 600 W a piece from a tantrum 1200.1 and his HU is 9815. But i think with my cdt-61a's, mag 15'', eclipse 8443, us acoustics usx2100, and I'm not sure about my sub amp yet any suggestions? I'm sure i'll blow his system out of the water. the sub will be sealed. yea i know what you mean by all HS kids want is loudness i'm the opposite i want pure SQ with a the ability to hit like a *****. i'm sure everyone will be impressed with my system as soon as i get it installed and get my sub amp, although i'm not gonna show it off like all these kids do. they run their batteries to **** for an hour each day...stupid.

yea that's one thiing I don't get...

you get some components that are around 100W, then

some thousand watt sub...

I know subs take more power than some components but sometimes I just think the ratio between components' spl and subs' spl is just sick (in a bad way)...then again I go for sq so don't mind me

yea that's one thiing I don't get...
you get some components that are around 100W, then

some thousand watt sub...

I know subs take more power than some components but sometimes I just think the ratio between components' spl and subs' spl is just sick (in a bad way)...then again I go for sq so don't mind me
are you talking about my setup? or the kids who have 15'' MTX subs and all you can hear is bass instead of a crisp vocal along with a nice mixture of bass, which is what you get with a mag and a nice component set like the cdt-61a's.

i like overpowering bass. Treble is not for me. Mine drowns out my mids. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I mean I like still add bass boosts and stuff, but not so much as so it'll drown out mids & highs.

I was just talking about setups where all you just hear is bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.